4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BWoody CAI?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are all over the jeep and srt forums (doing a google search) in which they all rave about it, combined with a tuner of course. They also relocate the IAT so it reads cooler ( on the srt anyway) which is like a power wire effect.

I have read most saying a cai for a 4th gen is mostly useless, unless this one is magical.

The mfg flo ratings compare the stock intake with filter vs this intake only no filter? No wonder there is higher flow.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they would send me one for free so i could test it myself, i would try it... but until then,
ther is no way i would EVER pay that kind of money for something like that, not even for a 20hp gain.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said a mouthful there Nate769, I put a Valant CAI on my 09 Hemi and never saw any mpg or hp gain, however when you punch it, it does sound much more impressive than the stock air box,a lot of money wasted for what it is suppose to do but doesn't.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by No More GM's For Me.
You said a mouthful there Nate769, I put a Valant CAI on my 09 Hemi and never saw any mpg or hp gain, however when you punch it, it does sound much more impressive than the stock air box,a lot of money wasted for what it is suppose to do but doesn't.
I think you just summed up 90% of all intakes, alot of money for an agressive noise coming out from under the hood. hahaha.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
thmupr
Professional

I'd like to know more about these! Anyone have one?? Seems this is the only "different" design on the market. I had a Volant for a few months, replaced it with a drop in K&N in the Dodge housing..

Quick Reply: BWoody CAI?????