4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM
bremner44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to go to 4 different dealerships before I got the deal I was comfortable with. 45,000 sticker price. Financed for 32,000 after ttl and 6000 trade in.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
72combo
Champion

Well I don't think GM budges as much as Dodge. I was trying to buy a Cobalt cuz that is what my kid wanted they would not budge one dollar so he got an Avenger for GREAT DEAL

Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
kiggy74
Amateur

Update, dealer still has this truck on their lot, same exact truck. Now Dodge is offering $6000 cash back or 0%/60 mos financing. But I'm sure this dealer isn't offering any new discounts beyond the factory rebates.

Unfortunately this is one of the few trucks that has most of the options I want: Crew cab, power/heated leather, Sport Group, 3.92, Hemi. I know a lot places are getting their final inventory on the 2010 models, so now's the time to get a good deal.

Should I try again? Truck should have almost 5000 miles on it by now.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:23 PM
randomdef
Professional

Originally Posted by kiggy74
Update, dealer still has this truck on their lot, same exact truck. Now Dodge is offering $6000 cash back or 0%/60 mos financing. But I'm sure this dealer isn't offering any new discounts beyond the factory rebates.

Unfortunately this is one of the few trucks that has most of the options I want: Crew cab, power/heated leather, Sport Group, 3.92, Hemi. I know a lot places are getting their final inventory on the 2010 models, so now's the time to get a good deal.

Should I try again? Truck should have almost 5000 miles on it by now.

I'd say no. You can, but unless they really start to move on the fact that it is a demo, don't bother. That should be a deep discount. I am unsure where you live but my brother in law got a LOADED (no option was left off) sport for 39 ALL IN (and this is in alberta).

Old 07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Simply put you can do better, however to most of the comments here.... You will not get 10K and 0% (Well unless you are paying cash). You have to take into consideration how much you are paying over the life of a loan, that is what you paid for the truck, not the sticker.

Current incentives (in my area) total 4K for normal financing and 1.5K with the special financing. Of course that is before dealer mark down and the fact it is a demo. Some dealers will not budge though, they know most of the buyers are not "educated" enough to know these great deals exist.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Little effort found this.... I know it is not a QC, but use this as a negotiation tool. And this truck is NEW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item5888c338d0

Old 07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
kiggy74
Amateur

I actually am looking for a crew cab (i keep getting them mixed up). I'm in central Ohio, finding the right truck has been tough. The one above for example, looks great but doesn't have the 3.92 axle ratio, which is a deal-breaker for me. Also don't know how I good use a car being sold in Illinois as a bargaining tool for a dealer in Ohio. Would an Ohio dealer realistically consider a truck being sold in Illinois as reasonable comparison? Also, the truck I'm looking at stickers for $42K, which compared to the truck above is in the ball park when you don't consider the demo miles.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:34 AM
jbgp1200
Professional

13k off msrp. Keep your eye on the dealers inventory on there web sites. They often list deals on there sites that are not advertised any where else.

Shop dealers in surrounding areas. A 50 mile drive is nothing to save a ton of money.

Good luck.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Pokey151

Walk in and say I'll split the "hold back" with you BEFORE rebates. (Well before you do that, educate yourself what that is and it's an easy deal) they will try to go for invoice price, but tell them they have near an unlimited alotment on rams. They can replace it, It's not a specialized truck.

I don't want to ruin in for people who are in the business, but this is a simple deal. The dealer will make about $600 on you. If you dont buy any back end products and go for the subvented rate.

sure you could get lower (not much though) if you want to sit there and grind them all day, but they need to eat too.
It's simple math. They are in it for a certain amount (not invoice) once in a while they get dealer cash/coupons, to go lower the holdback, but it's rare. They have the friends and family pricing, employee pricing blah blah blah.... So there are the rare occasions where you could get a better deal, but it's not much. Not sure about you, but my time is too valuable to spends weeks trying to find a bidding war to save $400-$800 more then being upfront and splitting holdback
pm me for a little more info on buying a vehicle (I worked in the business for years, Sales, Fleet Sales, Internet Director, Finance, Sales Manager, & finally General Sales Manager)

Quick Reply: Purchase Advice