4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Recon projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the reply. Let me know what you think of the low beams with the hids in them. And could you get a pic of them with the hid lights installed. I would like to see how they look with the hid lights on.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to Recon rep, who told me they are working on a special harness that would work for the quad headlamp system, this was 2 month ago. they should have them now, try calling them first.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 PM
roberttheall
Professional

Originally Posted by laramie1997
that's basically the whole point of a projector setup. It's called cutoff and it controls how high up your light pattern is thrown. People that run hid bulbs will usually install projectors in their lamps first so that they won't blind oncoming traffic.

This is all assuming that the person has a lick of sense though.
lol...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by roberttheall
I spoke to Recon rep, who told me they are working on a special harness that would work for the quad headlamp system, this was 2 month ago. they should have them now, try calling them first.

It's odd that Recon would design their lights for the single bulb headlights found in the base model RAMs. Seems to me that most people willing to customize their truck and spend money for Recon's lights would have a mid or high end model (SLT, Sport, Laramie).

Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure the Recons projectors are made for the quad headlights system cause i bought them for my truck (Sport) and they plug in there perfect. Check em out on my truck at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/380021...-cab-all-trims

Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InterpunX
Pretty sure the Recons projectors are made for the quad headlights system cause i bought them for my truck (Sport) and they plug in there perfect. Check em out on my truck at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/380021...-cab-all-trims
I only know enough to be dangerous when it comes to lights so my question is this, the recon lights use a H1 bulb for the lowbeams so do the H1 bulbs have the same plug as our H11 bulbs do or do they supply you with an adaptor to make them work. Also I already have hid low and highbeams in my truck so could I just plug the H1 bulb into my current ballast and put the 9005 hid highbeam into it and be ok.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Those look pretty sweet, but not for $550.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:39 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

a year later and they are still 550, sorry but thats just a plain rip off to me. any reports on ebay lights?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayman84
I only know enough to be dangerous when it comes to lights so my question is this, the recon lights use a H1 bulb for the lowbeams so do the H1 bulbs have the same plug as our H11 bulbs do or do they supply you with an adaptor to make them work. Also I already have hid low and highbeams in my truck so could I just plug the H1 bulb into my current ballast and put the 9005 hid highbeam into it and be ok.
As you probably notice putting you HID lights in, you have the wires coming from high and low beams going to a bigger plug that you can take apart there. That is where the recon lights plug in. They come with their own harness and everything all you have to do is plug it in. Also if im not mistaken the dual headlamp and the quad headlamp have the same harness, therefore you can put quad headlamps on a truck that has dual headlamp system, but not 100% sure on that. The only thing you have to wire up is the leds and the halo's, those are easy you just splice and plug them in with your parking lights once you find which wire it is.

As for your HIDs your highbeams are 9005 so they will fit in the recons lights no problem just like your stock lights, but for the low beams you will have to get H1 bulb as your h11 wont fit in there, but i dont think you have to change ballast all you need is h1 bulbs

Old 03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Spyder Auto
Former Vendor

Guys, we are having a Group Buy for these exact lights right now!

please visit here:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/vendor-...eadlights.html

Quick Reply: Recon projector headlights