4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Recon projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010 | 06:42 AM
essence5

my truck came with quad headlights - recons are straight replacements. As far as HID go, recon lets you upgrade to XENON light bulbs for the "...beam similar to that of HID without the expense and legality issues..." for about $30

Old 10-25-2010 | 12:51 PM
sneeks
Professional

connections are the same for both quads and single headlights. Only difference out there is the actual light fixture.

Old 10-28-2010 | 11:44 AM
sneeks
Professional

Got them yesterday. Looks like there will be alot of extra wiring.

Old 11-21-2010 | 01:51 PM
jayman84
Captain

I would like to see what they look like installed with hid bulbs in them.

Old 11-24-2010 | 12:09 AM
2009Mega

Has anyone noticed any problems with those projector light like only getting half of your light to shine do to a shield in the housing

Old 11-26-2010 | 07:31 PM
InterpunX
Captain

I think what thats normal for them to be like that, i know what you mean it cuts right across half and seems like they dont project right. I had to adjust mine so they were level, i put the diamond white xenon bulbs and like them. you guys can check it out on my truck at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/380021...-cab-all-trims

Old 11-27-2010 | 03:54 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 2009Mega
Has anyone noticed any problems with those projector light like only getting half of your light to shine do to a shield in the housing
That's basically the whole point of a projector setup. It's called cutoff and it controls how high up your light pattern is thrown. People that run HID bulbs will usually install projectors in their lamps first so that they won't blind oncoming traffic.

This is all assuming that the person has a lick of sense though.

Old 11-27-2010 | 09:36 AM
jayman84
Captain

Originally Posted by InterpunX
I think what thats normal for them to be like that, i know what you mean it cuts right across half and seems like they dont project right. I had to adjust mine so they were level, i put the diamond white xenon bulbs and like them. you guys can check it out on my truck at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/380021...-cab-all-trims
how bright are they compared to the stock headlights. Do the projectors seem to put out any more light or are they the same or worse than the stock ones.

Old 12-29-2010 | 03:00 AM
BCRam2010

I too am interested in how much brighter the projector housing with the xenon bulbs (both low and hi beam) would be.

I just traveled from vancouver to calgary and back, mostly at night and it seems that the lights are not that bright, even worse when dirty. I also found that around 120 kph that i outrun the lights, maybe the lights need adjusting, however I do not want to blind oncoming traffic by raising the lights.

Anyone wanna chime in here, I don't mind spending the 600 dollars but for that kind of money, I would like to see a huge improvement over the stockers.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Recon projector headlights-012.jpg  
Old 12-30-2010 | 07:45 AM
InterpunX
Captain

I got the the recons on my truck and ordered their xenon diamond white bulbs for all lights including fogs. As for low beams i would say they are a lil dimmer than stock, but you have to adjust the projectors correctly and its not too bad, but i deffinatly reccomend hid for the projectors to add more light, which is what ill be doing in the next few days. I love the way they shine though great look and you know its a projector coming down the road. The highbeams are great and shine really good better than stock, once you throw them on you know your highbeams are on. thats my input

Quick Reply: Recon projector headlights