4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

09-11 Chrome Clad Wheel Corrosion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Endres
This is my wife's truck. I say, "you are some kind of jerk". Many women are gear heads too! She runs the hell out of this truck and so do I.

I have a 67 Chevy Stepside that we are building and a 07 Spring Classic Harley. What have you got? Nothing much I bet. I have owned several big block Mopars since I was 16 back in 1972.

When you pay close to $40K for a vehicle and take care of it shouldn't it last through the warranty at least?

As you can see I am using my Real Name and have nothing to hide.
Our backgrounds are similar in regards to age pulling my first tranny at 15 from a 69 440 GTX. My wife (married in 1980) of 7 yrs younger passed away at 46 but came from a Ford Nascar family and was more of a gear than me. When we met I had a 70 RT Challenger and she had a 72 Grand Torino Sport with a 351 Cleavland and she loved racing...I freaked! I think I fell in love with her car first, they were both hotties, lol! It's too bad that they don't make material like they use to...they were quality then. I agree with you a 100%, but it doesn't matter whether you paid 20 or 40k, warranty is bumper to bumper 36k with all three auto makers. I don't understand how they can get away with this, some dealers honor the warranties and some are trying not to...it's a damn shame!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
OneSickHemiRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my wife's truck. I say, "you are some kind of jerk". Many women are gear heads too! She runs the hell out of this truck and so do I.

I have a 67 Chevy Stepside that we are building and a 07 Spring Classic Harley. What have you got? Nothing much I bet. I have owned several big block Mopars since I was 16 back in 1972.

When you pay close to $40K for a vehicle and take care of it shouldn't it last through the warranty at least?

As you can see I am using my Real Name and have nothing to hide.

Pissing contest you want. Pissing contest you get.

My name is Jae R. I am 24yrs old. My first car was a 1986 Mazda RX7 GXL-P. I converted it to a 91 Turbo II. I then purchased a 93 Acura Integra LS with a B16 SIR II engine. I ripped that apart and put a fully built, by my hands, LS-Vtec 2200cc from a J-Spec B20 bottom with eagle rods, CP pistons 12.5:1, 6 bolts main stud block girdle, knife edged crank, a brand new H.O.A. 2001 Type-R Integra head I then stripped and had a 5* angle valve job ported/polished and flow benched. Custom cut Stage 3-S crane cams, 7 bolt skunk 2 cam gears, shimmed oil pumped, water to air oil cooler, custom tuned via a VAFC-II by myself again.

My third vehicle was a late model 2006 F250 6.0L with the updated head studs. Left that alone because it was just my cruising truck. Followed that by a 2006 300C SRT8 which I installed an Air Hammer intake, phenom spacers, 185* thermostat, and a custom 3" full exhaust system. My fifth vehicle was a 2008 C6 Z06 in which I installed a callaway ram air intake, iridium plugs, updated clutch and flywheel, MGW short shifter, and AMS Oil in both the transmission and rear end.

Now im in my paid off 09 Dodge Ram 1500. Since the banks don't deserve **** right now. Everything is stock except the tires and air filter. I really don't want to do anything as it hauls *** already and I'm thinking of getting a 2011 Mustang 5.0 as with a turbo kit and 6 psi they are making over 700whp.

All in all I've been a gear head forever and will remain one but I never felt the urge to get on the internet and threaten a company with "class action lawsuits" and other forms of bitching when my plastic chrome peels off the plastic cover of my rim. So thus I found you to be a "weenie".

No pun intended. If anyone has any problems with there dealers and rims swapping just go to Arrigo Dodge as they have been awesome all the way around in the whole process.

Name:  PICT0078.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  morosorightlane.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  scropionslip-on1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  93.9 KB

I also find myself to be quite the beer drinker!

Name:  beerclub5-23-08.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  109.8 KB

Well last but not least! LWRC M6A2. GOD BLESS AMERICA
Name:  PerfectBalance.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  105.9 KB

Last edited by OneSickHemiRam; 02-07-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Steve Endres

Sorry about about your wife 1954 Radio. It's great to have a wife that supports and shares the same hobbies. Her dream car would be a 67 Chevelle SS.

Back to the chrome clad wheels we still have a little under one and a half years to go on the warranty. We are not going to take no for an answer. We will keep trying to get them all replaced along with both bumpers. We do Love our Ram even with the problems. All manufacturers have problems. It's what they do about the problems that sets them above the rest.

What gets me, is that there are people posting on the forum with 2011 Dodge Rams with the same Rust and Corrosion problems. That's three (3) model years of bad chrome parts (wheels and bumpers).

Also, for the people that don't like reading about the problems some Ram owners are having, they should stick to the threads that won't have anything negative in them.

I am only trying to find out how many other people are having the same problems and how we can help each other learn, share and enjoy our Ram trucks.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Steve Endres
Default You need some manners.

Originally Posted by OneSickHemiRam
Pissing contest you want. Pissing contest you get.

My name is Jae R. I am 24yrs old. My first car was a 1986 Mazda RX7 GXL-P. I converted it to a 91 Turbo II. I then purchased a 93 Acura Integra LS with a B16 SIR II engine. I ripped that apart and put a fully built, by my hands, LS-Vtec 2200cc from a J-Spec B20 bottom with eagle rods, CP pistons 12.5:1, 6 bolts main stud block girdle, knife edged crank, a brand new H.O.A. 2001 Type-R Integra head I then stripped and had a 5* angle valve job ported/polished and flow benched. Custom cut Stage 3-S crane cams, 7 bolt skunk 2 cam gears, shimmed oil pumped, water to air oil cooler, custom tuned via a VAFC-II by myself again.

My third vehicle was a late model 2006 F250 6.0L with the updated head studs. Left that alone because it was just my cruising truck. Followed that by a 2006 300C SRT8 which I installed an Air Hammer intake, phenom spacers, 185* thermostat, and a custom 3" full exhaust system. My fifth vehicle was a 2008 C6 Z06 in which I installed a callaway ram air intake, iridium plugs, updated clutch and flywheel, MGW short shifter, and AMS Oil in both the transmission and rear end.

Now im in my paid off 09 Dodge Ram 1500. Since the banks don't deserve **** right now. Everything is stock except the tires and air filter. I really don't want to do anything as it hauls *** already and I'm thinking of getting a 2011 Mustang 5.0 as with a turbo kit and 6 psi they are making over 700whp.

All in all I've been a gear head forever and will remain one but I never felt the urge to get on the internet and threaten a company with "class action lawsuits" and other forms of bitching when my plastic chrome peels off the plastic cover of my rim. So thus I found you to be a "weenie".

No pun intended. If anyone has any problems with there dealers and rims swapping just go to Arrigo Dodge as they have been awesome all the way around in the whole process.

I also find myself to be quite the beer drinker!

Well last but not least! LWRC M6A2. GOD BLESS AMERICA
Since you like to look at the threads on Rust and Corrosion, look at All of them. There are several. Dodge knew in 2009 they had chrome bumper and chrome clad wheel problems. Now there are people on the forum with 2011 Dodge Rams complaining about their wheels and bumpers. That's three (3) model years. Also, there are people that have had their bumpers replaced and they are already rusting again. You only get them replaced once.

Apparently you don't have much respect for women or other people. You need to learn some manners. Also, anyone can post pictures. I'm not impressed one bit. I am trying to learn and share, not do this kind stuff. Grow up.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
OneSickHemiRam
Rookie

Since you like to look at the threads on Rust and Corrosion, look at All of them. There are several. Dodge knew in 2009 they had chrome bumper and chrome clad wheel problems. Now there are people on the forum with 2011 Dodge Rams complaining about their wheels and bumpers. That's three (3) model years. Also, there are people that have had their bumpers replaced and they are already rusting again. You only get them replaced once.

Apparently you don't have much respect for women or other people. You need to learn some manners. Also, anyone can post pictures. I'm not impressed one bit. I am trying to learn and share, not do this kind stuff. Grow up.
I came to the thread because as I stated I had three rims replaced less then two weeks ago for the problem. The truth is if you don't want to have plastic chrome plating falling off plastic caps, then don't buy the upgraded wheels option and just go with an aftermarket rim. Also your the one who stated "I don't have much." So I felt a little inclined to state otherwise.

If a dealer looks at your rims and just says no they are BSing you. Go to another dealer and just act as if you are bringing the problem up for the first time. My dealer took pictures and submitted to Chrysler and had the " GO" within three days.

"Grow up..." - Original!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by OneSickHemiRam
I came to the thread because as I stated I had three rims replaced less then two weeks ago for the problem. The truth is if you don't want to have plastic chrome plating falling off plastic caps, then don't buy the upgraded wheels option and just go with an aftermarket rim. Also your the one who stated "I don't have much." So I felt a little inclined to state otherwise.

If a dealer looks at your rims and just says no they are BSing you. Go to another dealer and just act as if you are bringing the problem up for the first time. My dealer took pictures and submitted to Chrysler and had the " GO" within three days.

"Grow up..." - Original!
With all the money you seem to have or been through at 24 years old, it's no wonder that you don't threaten law suits, lol! People like me (Jerry) and possibly Steve had to work much longer and harder to get now what you have or had at 24...we can't afford not to, lol! I don't have any issues other than lifters every now and then, but we all deserve to be honored FULLY from bumper to bumper when issues arise instead of some dealers turning away from us. You both seem to be good people, glad you cleaned it up a bit...nice rides!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 AM
OneSickHemiRam
Rookie

I've always worked 60+hrs since I started working at 17. I've worked very hard for what I've had. I'll just play a little harder!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Thanks for the condolences Steve but everything is alright, I guess you can say that I understand our purpose in life if that will help. But hey, your wife has good taste, I think the 67 is the best looking one. Good luck with your builds, that's my fav part though some disagree...and good luck with your truck. Like the rich kid (J.R. Ewing, lol!) says, try other dealers till someone replaces them. "No pun" intended...Jae R. , lol!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Don't get mad that OneSickRamhemi put his stamp after you called him on it, 24 y/o and pretty accomplished as a gearhead I would say, and as far as where he gets his money, thats his bus, I give props to this young man since he has direction, work ethic, and smarts and not worried about petty on stuff, if more young people lived theirs lives this way this country wouldn't be in the shape it is in. And he is right, find another dealer, I feel your pain with problems you guys are having but you need to find another dealer and use a different tactic, sucks you guys are having to deal with a..holes at your dealers, but they are in every other make offered. I too use ARRigo Dodge they are not perfect but they do take care of their customers especially when you take care of your part in the complaint.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Truckerman
Rookie

I'm cutting and pasting pics later. Lol. I love this site. I think I need to get a life.

Quick Reply: 09-11 Chrome Clad Wheel Corrosion