4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Recon white/amber side marker and HID projector pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackshirt_KC
Did you order your lights directly through Recon, or is there a more cost-effective alternative? I need to order the white/amber turn signal light.

Did you have to use the resistor on that?
I bought the tail lights, headlights and all other leds from recon. The hids i bought from a local shop here. As for the resistor i bought the ones recon sells on their site, but i haven't installed them because i like the look of the hyperflash, all my lights are led so they respond very good to fast flash.

I'm sure you can get some cheaper bulbs on ebay but they might not be as good quality. The ones recon sells has the 6000k look, and is not cheap. Also when you flash the white turns off for the orange to come on and vise versa, they switch back and forth. Unlike some other ones i saw on ebay where the white turns off and doesn't come back on until you are done flashing.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
sneeks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up on these headlamps. I ordered quad headlamps to replace my stock dual headlamps. I'll probably just get over the fact that HIDs are illegal aftermarket and just hook them up anyways.

My Recons already have 3 of the LED lights burnt out on the inner corners of the L shape around the fixture. Thats after 5 months of being on the truck. Miserable, especially how many times i had to take the fixture out to replace bulbs and stuff.

Looks good on your truck though. I hope you dont have to take them out as much as I did.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 PM
blackshirt_KC

I went ahead and ordered from Recon. LED turn signals, smoked tail lights, LED revers bulbs and smoked 3rd tail light...all will be delivered tomorrow. And as it just so has it, I also have Friday off...

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM
InterpunX
Captain

I went ahead and ordered from Recon. LED turn signals, smoked tail lights, LED revers bulbs and smoked 3rd tail light...all will be delivered tomorrow. And as it just so has it, I also have Friday off...
Nice that will give you something to do for a while. When you install you bulbs in make sure they are properly sealed otherwise your lights might fog up a bit on humid days. I had that problem but now i checked all my bulbs and everything is fine.

Sneeks sorry to hear that. I actually replaced 3 burned leds as well within like the first 2 months, but they recon gave me 4 when i bought the lights and i know where to find them on ebay for cheap. Everything is working fine now. But it's pretty bound to happen with so many lights. I can pretty much take my lights off in like 5 without removing my grill, done it many times for various resons, but when i get sick of the leds like you ill just unplug them.

Also i thought hids were "legal" in projector housings? depends where your from, here a bunch of people have hids in stock housings so im not worried about my lights they don't really blind people.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
blackshirt_KC

I'm hoping that mine don't require a lot of maintenance with the LED's.

Today, I got my order, so tonight I got them all put on before a storm rolled in. I wish I would've been able to get some pics of the truck with some lightning strikes before the rain hit. That would be cool.

Your pictures of the white/amber blinker lights don't do it justice. I'm really impressed with how sharp they look. I was surprised at how tight they were to fit into the socket, but I do like them. The paperwork on the resistors said they get hot...that's an understatement. They get REALLY hot--and quick too.

I'm taking tomorrow off, so maybe I can get some pictures of the truck, with all of the blacked out tail lights.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM
InterpunX
Captain

I'm hoping that mine don't require a lot of maintenance with the LED's.

Today, I got my order, so tonight I got them all put on before a storm rolled in. I wish I would've been able to get some pics of the truck with some lightning strikes before the rain hit. That would be cool.

Your pictures of the white/amber blinker lights don't do it justice. I'm really impressed with how sharp they look. I was surprised at how tight they were to fit into the socket, but I do like them. The paperwork on the resistors said they get hot...that's an understatement. They get REALLY hot--and quick too.

I'm taking tomorrow off, so maybe I can get some pictures of the truck, with all of the blacked out tail lights.
Nice good stuff. So your blinkers work ok now?

Quick Reply: Recon white/amber side marker and HID projector pictures