4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip F1

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012 | 07:18 AM
jhinton81

Anyways, here is a picture of what mine looked like after i installed it.

Bakflip F1-bakflip1.jpg

Old 09-24-2012 | 09:39 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by ckberry13
where do you run drain tubes with a bed liner
The drain holes are in the side of the stake pockets up front. Drill the bedliner. Running them through the floor plugs would be pretty stupid unless you don't use the bed to haul stuff.

Old 09-25-2012 | 07:16 AM
jhinton81

There are also drain holes in the bed floor of the truck as well. This will not effect the hauling of anything if he did what I had mentioned. How do you plan on him locating the drain holes in the bedside with a bedcover already installed? Would he have to take off the bedcover to locate? Also, your sarcasm is getting old Old Jeep. You don't have to be so abrasive. He asked what we would do, I told him what I suggested. Just because you have another idea doesn't necessarily make someone else's stupid.

Old 09-25-2012 | 07:52 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by jhinton81
There are also drain holes in the bed floor of the truck as well. This will not effect the hauling of anything if he did what I had mentioned. How do you plan on him locating the drain holes in the bedside with a bedcover already installed? Would he have to take off the bedcover to locate? Also, your sarcasm is getting old Old Jeep. You don't have to be so abrasive. He asked what we would do, I told him what I suggested. Just because you have another idea doesn't necessarily make someone else's stupid.
Obviously you would pull back the bedliner to locate the factory holes.

Do you own a bakflip? If you did, then you would know that he is asking where to run the drain lines - which are hoses. If you ran them through the floor then they would be in the way of cargo.

Old 09-26-2012 | 08:08 AM
jhinton81

Obviously you would pull back the bedliner to locate the factory holes.

Do you own a bakflip? If you did, then you would know that he is asking where to run the drain lines - which are hoses. If you ran them through the floor then they would be in the way of cargo.
Pulling the bedliner out just to drill a few holes would be much more trouble then drilling holes through drain holes in the floor of the bed from the underside in my opinion.

Yes, I do own a bakflip. If you would look at the post that you replied to, you would see where i posted the picture of my bakflip installed. I know all about the drain hoses, hence the reason why i responded to a post where someone was asking a question about them. And my opinion stands as if they are taken through the floor of the bed, they will not be in the way of hauling any cargo whatsoever.

I am done with this conversation with you. Just remember to let people speak their opinions if they are asked. Try not to butt in with something sarcastic and abrasive. Keep things to the point and take everyones thoughts or opinions into consideration.

Old 09-26-2012 | 09:15 AM
oldjeep
Champion

And my opinion stands as if they are taken through the floor of the bed, they will not be in the way of hauling any cargo whatsoever.
Picture? As far as I recall the drain holes are in the front of the bed floor - if you loaded a sheet of plywood there you would hit them - or not?

If I'm incorrect then I appologise, but I see no way to run the tubes through the floor without being in the way of cargo.

EDIT:
Maybe the 2012's are different, but there are no plugs in the floor of the front of the bed in a 2009, there are just a couple open slots between the front wall and the floor near the center of the bed. The only plugs are in the front wall. For reference here is a picture of where you would drill to hit the stock hole in the stake pocket - immediately next to the tie down hook.

Last edited by oldjeep; 09-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2012 | 07:57 PM
AutoAnything
Former Vendor

what is the difference between the F1 and the G2?
I get this question everyday so we put together a helpful guide that compares all of the BAK tonneaus. We also have reviews to help you make a decision, hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Bakflip F1