4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Rage

So I was leaving my Girlfriend's parents house in Northern Iowa. I was headed south on I-35 when I came up to a slow moving RV in the slow lane. I checked my driver's side mirror and I notice a grey Mitsubishi 3000GT which is right about on top of me so I signal to get over. Rather than let me over and as I suspected he simply sped up. Needless to say later on down the road I actually caught up to the guy and found that the roles were reversed. He was now behind an RV and I was catching up to him. Instead of being rude however I offered him a cushion of space to get over in front of me which he didn't bother to take advantage of.

So I decided that I would just pass him at my 75mph pace. Well the douche decides to signal and cut me off with just barely enough space to fit himself in front of me and the RV. Then while I am on his bumper and before I had a chance to really slow down to give myself some space he brake checks me. Well I ended up passing the turd and I watched as he gave me a one finger salute without making eye contact. I then promptly used every slow moving vehicle in the slow the lane as a barrier to get alongside of and I blocked him in multiple times all the way to the exit I had to get off at. Then he decided to tailgate me so I promptly returned the brake check and when I looked over at him as he went by this guy actually blew me a kiss.

Seriously, sometimes I just wonder what in the hell gets into people's heads. I honestly did nothing to provoke the guy, and then despite his own rudeness I try to do him a favor and let him over and he brake checks me and then flips me off for it. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I hate driving on I35 or I80 in Iowa because the roads seem to be full of completely inconsiderate, oblivious, discourteous, and ultimately selfish drivers. It really doesn't come as a surprise to me that they have so many accidents on I35 and I80. I do know that if I would have hit the guy when he decided to brake check me after he cut me off it probably wouldn't have been good for him afterwords. What makes it even more of a downer is that while I was on my way home I got a wave from a fellow Ram driver, and I stopped at a gas station and got the "That thing got a Hemi" question followed by some compliments on having a nice truck. I was having a perfectly good day and some jerk in a damned ricer had put a damper on it.

Last edited by Shibby927; 07-02-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I must admit, if i am in the fast lane coming up on traffic in the slow lane and someone cuts over to pass and is going slower than me, then that person is in the wrong and if I didn't like my truck so much, I would pitt the person and knock them into the median.
It is proper diving etiquette to not pull out in front of faster moving traffic.
I drive about 80 miles round trip to work daily and this happens quite often and to be honest, it really pisses me off.
Don't assume that someone want's to slow down to let you over, because we are expecting you to wait until we pass before you begin your pass.

Moral of the story, if you see a Sunburst Orange Ram barreling down on you in the fast lane, ya better speed up or get out of the way. I have a short fuse once my cruise is set, I don't wanna slow down

Happy motoring

Edit; I may just need some anger management classes because I have a very low tolerance for slow drivers in the fast lane

Last edited by lxman1; 07-02-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

The worst part of my whole situation was that I didn't do a single thing to provoke the guy in the 3000GT to brake check me in the first place. I was just enjoying a nice cruise in my new truck and some douche decided he needed to rain on my parade for whatever reason.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

The whole problem is that you live in Iowa... no one there knows how to drive.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonw
The whole problem is that you live in Iowa... no one there knows how to drive.
Oh don't even start with that crap. I've driven all over Iowa, through Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, and a little bit of Idaho and never have I seen drivers worse than in Minnesota. Minnesota drivers are by and far the worst drivers I have ever dealt with in my life. I believe the speed limit in Minnesota is 75mph on the interstate if I remember correctly. For Minnesotans it's more like 105mph. They tailgate, cut you off without signalling, slice through the lanes cutting off cars without signalling, etc... I was on my way back into Bloomington from Shakopee, MN and was almost involved in a huge pileup because some clown in front of the group decided to brake check someone. Myself and another Iowan in a black Tahoe had to travel down the shoulder to avoid wrecking. It's a madhouse up there on the roads. I've witnessed them driving like fools when they come down south as well. Never have they personally managed to mess with me in Iowa but I have seen them cut people off on I-35 plenty of times.

Iowa is a great place to drive unless you get on Interstate 80 in and around Des Moines. That's where I have seen the worst drivers here. As far as in town, and out in the country I have had no problems whatsoever. Interstate 35 has never even really presented me that much of a problem. In fact this particular douche in the 3000GT is the first and only person I can think of that has caused me any headaches on 35. I have not witnessed 35 during rush hour all that much though so it's hard to say. I used to drive 50 miles both ways to work when I lived in Ames, Iowa and worked in Eldora, IA. Never had a problem with other drivers then.

Last edited by Shibby927; 07-06-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Road Rage