4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Detailing and Cleaning
Print Wikipost

100 km/hr wind gusts + crappy roofing job =

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011 | 01:11 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

I would be turning him in to who ever is in charge of licensing.

Old 12-03-2011 | 10:54 AM
coolatc
Rookie

I'm really amazed that his home insurance did not cover this. What would have happened if you had liability only insurance? My home owners has a liability section that covers a host of things. Like if I'm golfing and my shot goes out of bounds and breaks a house window I'm covered. I would ask your own home owner agent what his thoughts on this are. You should not have to use your own insurance company for this incident even if he did pay the deductible....

Old 12-04-2011 | 12:44 PM
Midnite-CTD
|
Amateur

My insurance company has all of his insurance information, and they will be contacting them to see if he has liability, and if he does, then his insurance will pay for it all and my deductable will be waived. If he does not, he will be covering the cost of the deductable, and the claim will have no repercussions as far as my own insurance premiums are concerned.

At this point now, all I want is my truck to be fixed. I hate taking her out the way she looks now, especially since I am one of those people who believes your vehicle says a lot about you.

Once she's back, probably in the new year now, I want to get her debadged and then start blacking her out... but I don't like working on a damaged truck. Something about the fact that no matter how good a job I do, there's still that big scar on the hood and fender makes me not want to start at all.

Old 12-05-2011 | 01:25 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

hey man, not to rain on your parade, but since you sound alot like me (vehicle says alot about you, you want to debadge and black out) i have to say this:

whats the point in fixing it, and wanting to do all that stuff to it, if the same thing can easily happen again?

and i'm saying this with concern for you, not as in, what the hell are you thinking

I just dont want it to get fixed, and then insurance is like "we already paid that once, not doing it again", or for you to debadge and black out, and then bam, its raining shingles all over your truck.

Old 12-07-2011 | 12:43 AM
Midnite-CTD
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by mdram43
hey man, not to rain on your parade, but since you sound alot like me (vehicle says alot about you, you want to debadge and black out) i have to say this:

whats the point in fixing it, and wanting to do all that stuff to it, if the same thing can easily happen again?

and i'm saying this with concern for you, not as in, what the hell are you thinking

I just dont want it to get fixed, and then insurance is like "we already paid that once, not doing it again", or for you to debadge and black out, and then bam, its raining shingles all over your truck.
I hear what you're saying, and believe me, it's crossed my mind too. But I can't do much more at this point than trust that he has rectified the problem with his roof. (We have had more high winds and so far so good...)

What if I do all that work to my truck and then get hit at the highway entrance to the town I live in. (It's a high collision intersection that the DOT has no idea how to deal with)

Or what if during our next long haul with the trailer someone puts me in the ditch? Or a blowout does it?

Stuff happens and you can only prevent so much. I can't not go ahead for fears that it will just get wrecked? And who can go through life happy driving a stock truck?

Old 09-04-2012 | 02:58 AM
Midnite-CTD
|
Amateur
Default Shiny again!!

Ok, so I figured i'd just update this thread for anyone who might remember it, instead of starting a new one...

One new hood, a repainted rear fender, a repaired sprung door hinge or two, and a straightened and repainted drivers door later, i'm loving my truck again!

In the spring, my wife took a job with Volkswagen, and with that came the opportunity to trade our Neon RT for a 2011 GTI (see my signature below)

But, with two metallic black vehicles, it's almost all I can do just to keep them clean and shiny, but I finally got around to debadging the truck, and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Name:  2a34388dee60a0683ed9ffc149a0af27.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  725.6 KB
Name:  cc5f2657df3de7153c770a215675206c.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  800.3 KB
Name:  2491e3769b0ffdd869aeef095608dcd9.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  490.4 KB

Now it's off to get the lower rocker panels sprayed with linex since the paint on them is getting pretty beat up from all the backroads i've been towing the trailer on. After that i'll do a power polish to fix some minor scratches and paint chips, and then i'll do a couple of coats of Rejex to top it all off.

Then i'll hafta sit back and wish for some new tires for christmas I guess....

Jay

Last edited by Midnite-CTD; 09-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2012 | 10:15 AM
rdculus
Veteran

Truck looks sweet, congrats on gettin it all fixed up.

Old 09-08-2012 | 03:35 AM
Midnite-CTD
|
Amateur

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 100 km/hr wind gusts + crappy roofing job =