4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
svkb
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???

As the title says, I have been reading what some of the other truck forums have to say about the Dodge trucks and they all bash (pretty hard I might add). The Ford and Toyota forums are by far the worst. Half of the people in there I don't think have ever had or driven a newer Dodge. They just "heard from a friend of a friend that they had a Dodge that fell apart" and from that they assume that Dodge sucks.

I understand standing up for the brand you drive. That's cool, but to bash another brand as bad as these guys do, just immature and ignorant.

I also realize that there is some of that here, but not even close to what I see in other forums.

Why do people hate Dodge so much????

Old 11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

just what everyone does. well, alot of people. alot of people are brand loyal and are very passionate, both about their truck and about hating others. just brand loyalty

Old 11-30-2011, 01:38 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They`re all just jelous because they dont have as nice of a truck, so the next best thing to do is just hate.
Thats another reason why WE are here, and they are not.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:11 AM
ripplek
Rookie

I gotta admit, a Ram was the last truck I wanted---Until I got inside one and test drove it. Iv'e had my 09 going on three years now and never looked back. My youngest son is a die-hard Ford guy---funny thing is, when he is out west on business, he always rents a Dodge 1500. (I think he's almost converted)

Last edited by ripplek; 11-30-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: info
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
topgun
Captain

The Toyota guys just need something to talk about to deflect the attention from their folding tailgates and rusting out frames. Ford, their horrible diesels and lifetime sealed trannies that don't hold up. Just look at how many new trucks made this past spring had the tranny fluid leak out due to being defective and then blow up.

Every brand has some issues, not really one more than the other. Just different.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
706jim
Veteran

I had an F150 and it was actually pretty good, at least at first. I had to repair the heater core, fan motor, the doors rusted pretty bad and there were problems with antifreeze leaking into the spark plugs. However, it DID run 14 years and is still going strong for the hew owner. I didn't care for the look of the newer Fords whne looking for a replacement. As it turns out, the Ram truck simply looked the best and had the best layout for me (QC). The power of the Hemi engine was a real bonus when I finally had the truck delivered.

I think the Fords would be ok if you like the way they look. (I DID like the way the grill lifted up with the hood). They have a comparable engine to the Hemi (406hp apparently) that you could order if you wanted to race Rams.

As for GM, I would NOT buy one with Onstar. It costs money to maintain and GM can actually shut you down if you don't make payments, do oil changes etc.

Too much like Big Brother for my liking.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 AM
kennisonxgs

People have their own experiences. I hate Mazda because of my sour experience, but many others love Mazda and will defend it.

Dodge does not have a good reputation up until more recent times. I would not consider any Dodge before the Fiat deal. The Dodge lineup now is fantastic. I now have a ford and a dodge side by side in my garage and each have their pros and cons.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM
svkb
Rookie

Originally Posted by kennisonxgs
People have their own experiences. I hate Mazda because of my sour experience, but many others love Mazda and will defend it.

Dodge does not have a good reputation up until more recent times. I would not consider any Dodge before the Fiat deal. The Dodge lineup now is fantastic. I now have a ford and a dodge side by side in my garage and each have their pros and cons.

I understand with people being brand loyal and all that. I understand that Dodge had some pretty rough times making quality vehicles going back a few years (so did all domestic makers). As you said though, their current line up is just as good (I think better) than almost anything out there! I have had 3 Ford trucks 1 GM and now 3 Dodge trucks. My first Ford truck was a 1969 Ford F100 that I rebuilt myself and it never gave me a stitch of trouble except for the automatic choke quite. I had a 1992 Ford F150 that gave me all kinds of electrical problems and had a cracked exhaust manifold. Then I had a 1989 GMC with a 305 ci. That thing was a piece of garbage, I won't even start listing all the problems with it. Then I had a 1997 Ford and it was pretty good, although it did leave me stranded on my way to the airport and I almost missed my flight because of it.

My Dad has always been a Dodge man and has never had any problems with his trucks or cars. So I decided to try Dodge, I had a 1998 Dodge Dakota with the V8, it was awesome, never gave me any problems. After that I moved to a 2005 Ram with the hemi, same thing, no problems, LOVED the truck! Just recently I got the 2011 Ram crew cab hemi. I don't think I can love another vehicle as much as I love this thing!

While I am loyal to what I'm driving, I'm not naive enough to say that Dodge is the only good vehicle out there and all others are crap. I actually like the new Fords, I don't think I like the idea of a twin turbo v6. To me trucks should have v8's. While I prefer Dodge, I wouldn't be scared to drive any of the other makes, I think they all make a good quality vehicle at this point.

Back to my original post, it seems that there is way more bashing from the "other guys" than there is from Dodge guys. These guys have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they're talking about!!

END OF RANT

Old 11-30-2011, 12:48 PM
BULLRAM
Veteran

I think it is because they have been sitting around for a while smug thinking DODGE will never compete, we get a truck that turns a ton of heads, a really strong engine and great interior, they got freaked out, they had to put us down now, we are serious contenders, I put in a post on 4 different websites about FORD'S BAILOUT and it was taken off every one of them ,i was told they really didnt need to hear about it, but it is the truth, so they dont want to know the truth, a ton of ford owners are stupid to the fact that FORD borrowed MORE money than Chevy and Dodge combined , just when they did it was called a LOAN, what a bunch of crap

Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM
kennisonxgs

Originally Posted by svkb
While I am loyal to what I'm driving, I'm not naive enough to say that Dodge is the only good vehicle out there and all others are crap. I actually like the new Fords, I don't think I like the idea of a twin turbo v6. To me trucks should have v8's. While I prefer Dodge, I wouldn't be scared to drive any of the other makes, I think they all make a good quality vehicle at this point.

Back to my original post, it seems that there is way more bashing from the "other guys" than there is from Dodge guys. These guys have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they're talking about!!

END OF RANT
Also remember that there are more Ford owners, meaning more doofuses spewing stuff and they tend to be much more vocal than the folks who are impartial.

Quick Reply: Why do other forums bash Dodge so much???