4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Which Tire should i pick for my 2009 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
MattsMountain
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with Hammer, you'll get 100 different opinions. I just went with Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock 20" rims. Only been 4k miles, but so far so good and zero problems off road.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 PM
coolatc
Rookie

I put the Cooper HT plus on my 4x4 laramie crew and love them. Quiet, looks good, and were somewhat reasonable in price.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
originaljebus
Default in the same boat...

I have an 03 ram 1500 and have gone back and forth from the Nitto Terra Grapplers and Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10. Finally leaning towards the Hankooks. Question is do I go for the P or the LT? Is the LT overkill for mostly city driving? I do little towing and go off-road every now and then. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by originaljebus; 01-09-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional

Go with the LT as they are specifically designed for light trucks.P metric are for cars.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 AM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by originaljebus
I have an 03 ram 1500 and have gone back and forth from the Nitto Terra Grapplers and Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10. Finally leaning towards the Hankooks. Question is do I go for the P or the LT? Is the LT overkill for mostly city driving? I do little towing and go off-road every now and then. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I have run both LT and P on my 2010 crew cab. If you do mostly city with the occasional towing and offroad a P rated tire is going to serve you much better. The LT tire I ran rode very rough and I didn't like it. I couldn't wait to get the p rated tires back on the truck. Only way I would run LT tires on it again is if it is not my daily driver and I had it lifted with 35's. The truck comes stock with P rated tires and that is what they do there tow ratings with so I see no reason to upgrade to LT's unless you use the truck for heavy duty work, tow and go offroad daily. Just my two cents!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
jprovine

I was going to give everyone an update. I have gotten new tires, i went with the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 instead of Nitto's. I liked my nittos but it came down to having a warranty on the tires, also the coopers were cheaper and supposed to last longer. i have nothing bad to say about the Nitto's but i just hoping the coopers are just as good if not better. I will have to wait to try it out in the mud, But the 10 miles i have put on them i am happy with the purchase.

Quick Reply: Which Tire should i pick for my 2009 4x4