4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What to do about storing stuff in a quad cab? good under-tonneau solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdram43
I got a rolling box, like this one:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7215_200377215

from home depot for half than they wanted online. makes it easy for me to carry most of my tools around.

then again, if you had 2 doors before, and now have a quad... back seat? throw a blanket over your seat and your good to go.

If I had a tool box, I'd have to take it out and re-install it once a week when I carry full loads. so I just keep a portable box
+1
That is what I was going to say. I went to Wal-Mart and got mine for about $40 bucks. Works great and if I want to take it out I can. I also put a Rubber mat in the back of mine to keep everything from sliding around. I normally carry enough gear for a softball and a baseball team and I didn't like it sliding all around. So the rubber mat was added value when I put the tool box in the back!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Arachnyd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Walmart has these nice ones now that have pop out legs and work as a tool bench for about 80. well worth it, but I'm glad I got the side box for towing and offroading accessories that I like to keep on hand, and the over the wheel box I uploaded pictures of still doesnt limit truck bed usage, which is nice.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
C-RAM
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I like it! Thanks for posting!

Quick Reply: What to do about storing stuff in a quad cab? good under-tonneau solutions?