4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

This is what happens when you don't secure your load!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Patsfan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is what happens when you don't secure your load!!

Driving into work on the highway a few mornings ago and I came upon a large metal snow scoop shovel in my lane and nowhere to go. Needless to say I took it head on and here are some pics of the damage..

Nobody was hurt and it's in the shop awaiting an estimate. Yah I'm pissed to say the least!!

Last edited by Patsfan; 01-07-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agh dude thats a total bummer hopefully it gets repaired quickly...looks like it'll only be a headlight and grille. Glad to hear no one was hurt!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
LVRR
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the hazards of driving on the roads.

Here in Sacramento, CA while traveling the highways and byways it seems like I see a ladder that feel off a truck about every 3 days. Not to mention mattresses, sofas, chairs, dressers and you name it you can find it on the freeway.

You could furnish your house and cloth your family with the stuff out there.

Still looking for that case of beer.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be a good time to get the upper bumper cover painted. you can buy the upper bumper cover for about $130 and get it painte to mathc your truck. It is amazing tome that Dodge actualy left so many of these things unpainted. My 2009 wasn't painted and I had it painted, it made a huge difference.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LVRR
Still looking for that case of beer.
Haha, aren't we all!

Originally Posted by pdavis53
This would be a good time to get the upper bumper cover painted. you can buy the upper bumper cover for about $130 and get it painte to mathc your truck. It is amazing tome that Dodge actualy left so many of these things unpainted. My 2009 wasn't painted and I had it painted, it made a huge difference.
X2! Also perfect time to retro your headlights!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Patsfan
Professional

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Haha, aren't we all!

X2! Also perfect time to retro your headlights!
I'm awaiting the adjuster and the bodyshop manager's call on Monday. I was thinking the same thing about painting the bumper cover, as it was also damaged, but what do you suggest for the lights?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Well it depends on what your looking to spend on headlights etc etc...but you could get a set from cheaper set from ebay projectors and add hids to them. look at retro-shop and e-mail JJ down there and he can get you a quote on some headlights (100% customized to whatever you want) I went w/ his stuff and quality is GREAT!. www.RetroShop.us really you could have the dealer put in a new light for you while he's at it, and then just do you lights yourself later on, and sell your stock lights and make some $$ back to put towards the new set of lights.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Patsfan
Professional

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Well it depends on what your looking to spend on headlights etc etc...but you could get a set from cheaper set from ebay projectors and add hids to them. look at retro-shop and e-mail JJ down there and he can get you a quote on some headlights (100% customized to whatever you want) I went w/ his stuff and quality is GREAT!. www.RetroShop.us really you could have the dealer put in a new light for you while he's at it, and then just do you lights yourself later on, and sell your stock lights and make some $$ back to put towards the new set of lights.
Good suggestion. I put in some Silverstars about a month ago and wasn't that impressed, so that's definitely something to look at. I was going to have them touch up the tailgate while it's in, as there are a few scratches on it. It's a damn shame, but might as well make the best of it.

Last edited by Patsfan; 01-07-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

It's a bummer to hear that happened! But your right, while it's in the shop might as well get what needs to be fixed, done while it's there! I used to have the dual headlights like you and HATED the output, I didn't even try silverstars. Just went right to HID's and the quad lamp setup!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:55 PM
rdculus
Veteran

Put an ad in the local newspaper:
Found large scoop snow shovel on road, highway i-xx.
Looking to return to rightful owner.
And break his nose with it when he comes to pick it up.
It sucks when other peoples ignorance/disrespect costs you money.

Quick Reply: This is what happens when you don't secure your load!!