4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mopar Chome steps

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012 | 10:40 PM
War Horse
All Star

I've got them on my 2009 and they've been on there since day one. Of course living in Texas we don't see the snow and salt, but my truck sits outside 365 in the blazing sun and humidity, and I haven't had a single issue with them. I kind of wished I'd went with the black ones rather than chrome, but that's it.

Sure, they're not the cheapest, but I like them. As others have said, do some shopping online before you just run to the dealer. They still won't be cheap, but you'll at least save some cash.

Old 09-24-2012 | 07:07 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Mangy71
I got a pair of the Mopar chrome tubular side steps for my 2012 Ram. This is gonna sound like a dumb question - but do they put a plastic film over the chrome that needs to be peeled off? Mine have more of an aluminum finish, not really chrome. I couldn't tell if they had the thin plastic on them or not.

If they do have the plastic on them, how do you get it off with the plastic steps already on them?
They`re NOT chrome, they are polished aluminum.
Should be able to pull the protective shipping plastic right off easily.

Just a heads up about MOPAR tubes....
In between the mount and the tube is where they`ll rot out (corrode)
Mine didnt even make 2 yrs, corroded badly.

Smartest move...
Buy a set made from stainless w/stainless or galvanized mounts.

Quick Reply: Mopar Chome steps