4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

Should I get an Integrated Electronic Trailer Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012 | 09:18 AM
pdavis53
|
All Star

I just bought a factory controller for $90 bucks shipped and I will have it Wednesday! Glad I searched around, I really wanted the factory controller for the nice clean look! Thanks for all of the replys!

Old 06-21-2012 | 08:21 AM
pdavis53
|
All Star

So I got the Brake Controller installed and now I am hoping that someone can help me figure out what setting I need to use for the Camper. The Camper is 26' and weighs about 6500lbs. I pulled the camper over theo the house last night and the controller was on 9 or 9.5 and I could feel the camper pushing the truck when I tried to slow down. I have never used one of these things so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-21-2012 | 06:30 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Sorry I didn't respond on where I bought mine, but sounds like you did pretty good! I had mine set at 8.5 - 9 and felt like it was doing the trick (trailer is about 7000 lb). I am going in tomorrow to get a door seal replaced and get the computer flashed so the info shows on the EVIC, don't know if that will improve the system or not.

Old 06-23-2012 | 11:29 PM
rangstng

Where did you get the controller for $90 I am looking to buy one for my truck.

Old 06-25-2012 | 08:17 AM
pdavis53
|
All Star

Originally Posted by rbrumm
Sorry I didn't respond on where I bought mine, but sounds like you did pretty good! I had mine set at 8.5 - 9 and felt like it was doing the trick (trailer is about 7000 lb). I am going in tomorrow to get a door seal replaced and get the computer flashed so the info shows on the EVIC, don't know if that will improve the system or not.
No Problem! I ended up setting mine at 7 initially and then locked up the barakes in a hard brake situation so I backed it off to 6 and that seems to work pretty well. I had the computer flashed and all it did was add a screen to the EVIC, you can't do anything with it just see what the controller is set at and how much brake your giving it. Kind of a waste of money to me but it is done so it is what it is at this point!

Old 06-25-2012 | 08:20 AM
pdavis53
|
All Star

Originally Posted by rangstng
Where did you get the controller for $90 I am looking to buy one for my truck.
I bought it used off of Ebay! It doesn't go up the easist but it works and I saved a tone of money! I may take it back out and see if the buttone behind the face panel has just fallen down. I've seen stuff like that happen before with electronics and if you re-align them it works fine! We'll see!

Old 09-11-2012 | 02:17 AM
Usmc Mopar
Amateur

Originally Posted by jayman84
this is what I did and it works great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUAKOZ03xg
Jayman,

Thanks for the step by step video, that was cool for you to take the time to put it up on the forum, I like how it makes use of that useless pocket/cup in the truck.

Does anyone have a picture of the stock unit installed? Where does it go? Thanks again to everyone for their replies

Semper Fi

Quick Reply: Should I get an Integrated Electronic Trailer Brake Controller