4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Concealed Carry in Console

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012 | 10:00 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
As far as getting to a long gun, I solved that years ago:
I assume that is a joke? Or is it actually legal to have an uncased rifle in a vehicle where you live?

Old 09-12-2012 | 10:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

No joke - although that is a pic off of the products website, I have one and use it almost all of the time. There is a loaded pump shotgun and loaded .22 in mine as I write this.
Here is a pic I took of mine a couple of months ago to show to a 3rd Gen member here who was interested in the Big Sky Gun Rack that I have. The AK47 pictured had 30 rounds in it at the time...

Name:  101_0064.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  113.5 KB

There are about 65 members in my hunting club in south Georgia, about a dozen work in law enforcement. Of the 65 I'd wager 60 have a loaded gun of one type or another in his vehicle as I write this. Very common down thisaway.

These are as common in the rear window of pickups in my neck of the woods as I suppose having an ice scraper in your truck in winter would be where you live, LOL:

Last edited by HammerZ71; 09-12-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2012 | 08:13 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Gun racks used to be pretty common up here in the 70's, but I can't say that I've seen one in years, probabally because you would have to hang it in the case. The roof mount is pretty cool since it doesn't obscure your vision.

Old 09-13-2012 | 08:29 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

I bought some foam at joanne fabrics. Cut to fit tight in the overall area, then cut the foam to fit the gun. I don't have a gun cutout in mine, but I do have cutouts for a change holder, cigarette packs, first aid kit etc. It does hold them tight flipped up and down. Of course I just keep my gun in my waistband. Always easy access.

ps. congrats to this not becoming a "guns are bad" thread. Some of us live in places where carrying a gun is almost as common as carrying a wallet. My checklist every day is: wallet, money, ciggs, gun, pee...then ready to leave for work or whatever.

Last edited by Atomic Dog; 09-13-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2012 | 10:36 PM
crod
All Star

Yeah I hear ya, some people think "bad stuff" only happens in the movies and they will never need to protect themselves......time to wake up...

Old 09-17-2012 | 01:02 AM
Nate769
All Star

People can't even walk down the streets here in town with any sort of projection device without getting fined. This includes a simple BB gun, or even a slingshot. Let alone carrying a concealed firearm.

I know many people, mainly farmers, who pack a loaded 12gauge or long rifles behind their seats in their extended cab. Some out in plain day too might I add. It is illegal to do this, but I just know all of those people are not going to use it for defense. Its in case you finally see that badger you have been trying to hunt for months. Or that coyote that's been coming on your land. Your never gonna find two farmers holding their guns at each other for defense. So I don't really worry about that situation. However I do get a little on edge when a handgun has to be in the console for "easy access." I am not saying its a bad thing, I just would not see the point for doing this in any area I live around. There is a few places tho that it might be "nice" to have, but those areas I just stay out of so it will never come to that.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I find it sad that in some places you have to carry a loaded firearm around with you to feel safe. (I guess I am just a typical Canadian, don't shoot me!)

Old 09-18-2012 | 05:11 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Gun racks used to be pretty common up here in the 70's, but I can't say that I've seen one in years, probabally because you would have to hang it in the case. The roof mount is pretty cool since it doesn't obscure your vision.
I didn't buy mine for the easy access, although I can get the front mounted gun out and down in about 2 seconds if need be. I bought mine for a couple of reasons.

1) It gets my guns up and out of the way and doesn't allow for them to get dinged up or the scope getting knocked out of whack.

2) It keeps them out of sight. If you didn't know they were in there, you would literally have to press your face up to my side windows and look straight up at the roof of the cab to see them.

When I'm up in Georgia where I used to live (and still own property) there are three shooting ranges within a 30 minute drive from me. One at the hunting club I belong to and two in WMA (Wildlife Management Areas) where I can target shoot and it's not uncommon for us to decide to go target practice or shoot a few rounds of skeet on very short notice. I keep my stuff with me...

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry in Console