4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Concealed Carry in Console

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012 | 01:37 PM
jhinton81
|
Default Concealed Carry in Console

I carry a Glock 22 .40 in my console. I just got this truck and it's just laying in the bottom, larger console. Has anyone fabricated anything in this console to hold a pistol? If so, please post pics, ideas, etc. Looking to do something with mine other than laying in the console. I would like to position it to a way that makes it less awkward to grab if I needed to.

Old 09-11-2012 | 02:34 PM
InterpunX
Captain

Good old US of A

Old 09-11-2012 | 02:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I have a Glock 26 & Glock 23. The Glock Sport holster is all plastic and cheap (I paid $9.95 for the two I have) and if you don't mind drilling holes in the side of console could be screwed in. Velco on the side of console and the back of the holster should also work quite well and not require any holes...

Old 09-11-2012 | 07:09 PM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by InterpunX
Good old US of A
I was thinking the exact same thing...

Old 09-11-2012 | 07:45 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Nate769
I was thinking the exact same thing...
Uh huh. Hell why not jut let in sit in that little rubber tray on the dash. Then it's easy to grab in case you need it. Wow, I am so glad that I don't have to think that when I go out somewhere here, whether I walk or drive.
Not making fun just feeling sorry for you guys. That is something else having to worry about where to hide my gun, hell thinking about owning one has only crossed my mind once or twice and I was young.
Well I hope you guys never have to use your guns for defense. Just for hunting.

Last edited by 72combo; 09-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2012 | 08:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I've had a carry permit since I was 21 years old - and I'm in my late 40s now. Have NEVER had to draw it on a person or even been in a situation where I thought I'd have to.

There are some locations here where it's the norm to carry. The vast majority of my friends in south Georgia carry and most do openly - as I often do.
In south Georgia - doing the activities we do it's good practice. The number of cotton mouths I've shot over the years just while fishing probably would total in the hundreds by now - and I've got more than one friend who was in the woods and had to take out a wild hog - who are VERY territorial and will slice you up as soon as look at you.

When I'm in Florida where it's the law to carry concealed I don't carry as often - and I only know a very few people who carry.

Old 09-12-2012 | 09:47 AM
jhinton81
|

Hammer, I just ordered a sport holster. Looks as if I can make that work and not look like Mickey Mouse done the job. Thanks for the idea. If I think of it, I will post pics when done.

Old 09-12-2012 | 10:03 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
In south Georgia - doing the activities we do it's good practice. The number of cotton mouths I've shot over the years just while fishing probably would total in the hundreds by now - and I've got more than one friend who was in the woods and had to take out a wild hog - who are VERY territorial and will slice you up as soon as look at you.
That makes plenty of sense, its just the idea of having it in the console so that it is "easy to grab if you need it"

Makes it sound like he either needs to move or re-evaluate some of his life decisions

Old 09-12-2012 | 10:40 AM
jawsdc
Veteran

I would appreciate some additional commentary instead of simply addressing the original concern (ideas for concealment).
I think I'm going to head over to one of the lift threads and tell everyone how stupid it is to have a jacked up truck...

Old 09-12-2012 | 08:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by jhinton81
Hammer, I just ordered a sport holster. Looks as if I can make that work and not look like Mickey Mouse done the job. Thanks for the idea. If I think of it, I will post pics when done.
Please do, I'm curious to see how it turns out and may sacrifice one of my sport holsters to do the same. I will just throw mine in the console when getting in at times although I've thought of getting a seat holster a time or two, but it leaves the gun too exposed if you leave it there when you are out of the truck.

As far as getting to a long gun, I solved that years ago:

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry in Console