4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Thinking of Buying Dodge RAM 2012 or 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by marv02
I just purchased a 2012 Ram1500 Crew Cab 4X4 white with the 5.7 Love the truck.

I had a 2006 Dodge 1500 Q Cab the big mistake with that truck I got with the V-6 and 6 speed stick I screwed up the truck never let me down but it was very under powered and thr MPG was nothing what they claimed it would get.

The 2012 5.7 Hemi get just the same MPG I very happy with the 2012 and with the $8400.00 Rebate plus the life time Factory warranty I never have buy anouther truck ever again.

You have to ask for the Factory life time warranty to get it Dodge is trying to stop sellling it the after market warranty will cost you more and it not life time.

Marv,

Just to clarify for you and others, there is no factory Lifetime Warranty on the 2012's. You can purchase a Lifetime Service Contract from Mopar Vehicle Protection through Chrysler, which you have to pay for, but the factory warranty is 3/36 basic and 5/100 powertrin from the factory on the 2012's in the States. The 3 Lifetime options from Mopar are Powertrain, Added Care, and Maximum Care and the deductibles range from $0-$100.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
bver22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought me a 2012 hemi express for around 22,000. Always loved them since our first one in 2005. I believe the new hemi has the new thing going on where it shuts down some cylinders when your not on the gas to hard and said its to save gas. Me being me didnt believe in it until i drove it out of town and noticed on cruise control going 70 my gas needle didnt even move half of a quarter of gas I was impressed when i saw this especially after hearing from others Hemi's are gas guzzlers. For 22,000 its a really great truck. You cant go wrong with a hemi, it has a little bit of it all. Power, looks, smooth ride, towing, just to name a few things.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by bver22
I just bought me a 2012 hemi express for around 22,000. Always loved them since our first one in 2005. I believe the new hemi has the new thing going on where it shuts down some cylinders when your not on the gas to hard and said its to save gas. Me being me didnt believe in it until i drove it out of town and noticed on cruise control going 70 my gas needle didnt even move half of a quarter of gas I was impressed when i saw this especially after hearing from others Hemi's are gas guzzlers. For 22,000 its a really great truck. You cant go wrong with a hemi, it has a little bit of it all. Power, looks, smooth ride, towing, just to name a few things.

Bver22,

Congrats on the new truck.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adversting here in Alberta on the new 2013 Ram is stating that this is a 36mpg truck, as imperial and metric gallon is not the same and KIA and hyundia are giving back token gestures ( they inflated milage numbers) to owners, Im kinda woundering how realstic, or the testing dodge completed to get this mystical number!

Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Adversting here in Alberta on the new 2013 Ram is stating that this is a 36mpg truck, as imperial and metric gallon is not the same and KIA and hyundia are giving back token gestures ( they inflated milage numbers) to owners, Im kinda woundering how realstic, or the testing dodge completed to get this mystical number!

The same testing that is done on every vehicle as mandated by the government in the country in which it is sold. It is not fair, in my opinion, to try and suggest that a MPG number as published by Chrysler is bogus because some other manufacturer may have altered their numbers.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Talon_66
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
The same testing that is done on every vehicle as mandated by the government in the country in which it is sold. It is not fair, in my opinion, to try and suggest that a MPG number as published by Chrysler is bogus because some other manufacturer may have altered their numbers.
Funny because Kia and Hyundai are re-imbursing drivers because of their mileage claims

Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
2010 TRX4
Professional

It certainly is a nice truck. I have owned several Ram's over the years and have never been disappointed. The Ram hands down is the most attractive vehicle when comparing looks. Even better you get many more options for the money than the competitors. If you read the window stickers online the Ram blows the pack away. You will enjoy your new truck trust me you made a wise decision.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Talon_66
Funny because Kia and Hyundai are re-imbursing drivers because of their mileage claims

The question was, what testing does Chrysler do to get these numbers? What other manufacturers that may have altered numbers has to do with the new Ram is what I am missing. Maybe actually having the vehicles on the road and driving them should be experienced before trying to compare them to a vehicle that has padded numbers?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

I can't speak for Canadian numbers, but what I was told I would get, is about what I get. Funny how when gas was cheap nobody even paid attention to the MPG printed numbers. Now if somebody gets 1mpg less, they scream bloody murder. I would like people to cowboy up a bit more. We have become a country of whiners and complainers...

Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic Dog
I can't speak for Canadian numbers, but what I was told I would get, is about what I get. Funny how when gas was cheap nobody even paid attention to the MPG printed numbers. Now if somebody gets 1mpg less, they scream bloody murder. I would like people to cowboy up a bit more. We have become a country of whiners and complainers...
I definitely notice too that the MPG numbers advertised here are NOT what we get. This goes for any vehicle IMO.

They claimed 32MPG on my 2011 now, and there is no way I come close to that. I get 24 if I take it easy, tops. But I know guys too with ecoboosts, and they claim HUGE MPG too. Guys get no more then I do with my hemi.

I just live to terms with it, my thoughts are this. Testing is done with no environmental factors, and flat road. The Canadian system is too stupid to know whats what ha! I know I am bashing my own system, but it is really stupid to have a Canadian gallon, and a US gallon. JMO...

Quick Reply: Thinking of Buying Dodge RAM 2012 or 2013