4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2011 Dodge Ram Programmers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
CANTDODGEITRAMIT
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

srt,

What settings are you looking for? I just installed my bully dodge last night on my 2011 Ram Sport. Had no issues with install basically was seamless

Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 PM
SRTmac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well BD say u could see as much as a 32 hp gain and like 28 lbs tq gain. What settings u should change it to, to see gains like that?

Old 07-14-2013, 11:01 PM
LU229
Banned

I was checkin out SUPERCHIPS website, spending $368.15 (USD) for a 91 octane tune
and only getting 17.8hp seems like an awful big waste of money to me for such a small gain.

This is copied from THEIR website:
91 PERFORMANCE 17.8 HP @ 3500 RPM 26.3 TQ @ 3550 RPM

Old 07-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by LU229
I was checkin out SUPERCHIPS website, spending $368.15 (USD) for a 91 octane tune
and only getting 17.8hp seems like an awful big waste of money to me for such a small gain.

This is copied from THEIR website:
91 PERFORMANCE 17.8 HP @ 3500 RPM 26.3 TQ @ 3550 RPM
I was just scanning bullydogs numbers, and on their site they only state a maximum of 20HP on a premium tune, not too far off from superchips. I think by time you pay for the premium fuel, your going to be loosing money. It just hardly seems worth it to throw a tuner on a gas IMO. Having gone to a diesel and seen what true capabilities are, it just hardly seems like anything in a gas. I don't know if its a case of these motors are tuned as well as they can be, or tuning companies are having trouble. At least tho with bullydog is they do have support for the new hemi, superchips does not. Also you do get a heads up display with bullydog and additional features. Still seems like a high price to pay for stuff you could get much cheaper. I guess you might get better throttle response, and the ability to change WOT shift points. All stuff that would be livable without for the majority of people. 500 bucks for a bullydog, could easily go for a set of rims or something that you could actually see and notice a difference.

While I was also on bullydogs site, it seems that they too are having to produce tuners that are state tested. The diesel world has been hit hard, but it seems like its starting to come into the gas world too.

I would be curious to see the numbers on those tuners, I think that tuner would be even less worth it then the others...

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by SRTmac
Well BD say u could see as much as a 32 hp gain and like 28 lbs tq gain. What settings u should change it to, to see gains like that?
Where did you find that info out? I would be surprised if you saw half that...According to actual chart numbers listed on their site. Which an update to my last post after I re-examined it. Its 20TQ, and around 18HP, so they are even less then superchips.

I think in order to see those numbers, you would have to have the perfect batch of fuel, in the perfect weather conditions (air quality, temp) with all fluids changed, and a brand new filter that lets air in but does not block a thing.

Which as we know, is probably never gonna happen...

Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 AM
SRTmac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate769
Where did you find that info out? I would be surprised if you saw half that...According to actual chart numbers listed on their site. Which an update to my last post after I re-examined it. Its 20TQ, and around 18HP, so they are even less then superchips.

I think in order to see those numbers, you would have to have the perfect batch of fuel, in the perfect weather conditions (air quality, temp) with all fluids changed, and a brand new filter that lets air in but does not block a thing.

Which as we know, is probably never gonna happen...
With the BD GT hemi plus 40430 it says 30+ hp gain and 28 tq gain. Even on the package it comes in it states the same thing. Who knows, maybe it's just false advertising. Hmmm...feeling cheated.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by SRTmac
With the BD GT hemi plus 40430 it says 30+ hp gain and 28 tq gain. Even on the package it comes in it states the same thing. Who knows, maybe it's just false advertising. Hmmm...feeling cheated.
http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=443

Then if you go to technical, you will find the chart for the different hemi tunes ..

However it does say in their product flyer of 32HP, I don't know which one to believe...

Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM
LU229
Banned

My take on the tuner world....

....the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Never believe what you read, and only believe half of what you see.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a Diablo and a SC for my 09. SC, at that time, hands down the better of the two and well worth the $$. Pickup a used tuner, no need to pay full retail. I think I paid $200 for mine and got the transmission option free since I was one of the early people on that bandwagon. When you are done with it you can easily get your money back, providing you bought used to start with. Just make sure you put your stock tune back on the truck before selling! Doing that means you get those performance numbers for.... FREE!

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 07-16-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Ram Programmers