4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New here and considering a RAM 1500

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
SeanTG84
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same situation as you and based on my personal research and talking to my mechanic (who owns a '11 Ram), the ram offers the best ride quality due to the coil springs and is overall a repair-free truck.

In terms of the Ford, you'll want to be wary of the spark plug system they use...or at least do so research on it. A guy I work with is a diehard Ford fan and he said he won't buy another Ford truck until they change the system. I believe his truck is a 2010 and has been in the shop 3 times because of the plugs.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive them all...!!! Make a decision based on what YOU want, and not what others think.
For me, i was sold on the ride and the performance of the dodge sport qc 4x4 hemi truck.
The others just felt sooooo cheap interior wise, lacked power, and way over priced for what you were getting.

Ford has alot of transmission issues. (F150)
Chevy has alot of quality & drivetrain issues. (all their vehicles)
Toyota has alot of cheapness. (horrible mpg, alot of plastic that squeaks & rattles)
Not to mention... not one ford, chevy, toyota, has the interior of the ram trucks either.

Ram won hands down for me, money wise too...! Its the best looking truck out there today.
I wont sugarcoat the ram thou, i`ve had my issues with both of mine, but not once have either one of my 2010`s have EVER left me stranded,
surely cant say that about the fords, chevys, toyotas i`ve owned... thats one of the reasons i went back to a dodge... that hemi is proven to be very reliable...!

Last edited by LU229; 12-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: New here and considering a RAM 1500