4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bad attitude, and finally well deserved...???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad attitude, and finally well deserved...???

Some of you may have seen/read earlier about the box rusting out back by the tailgate area where the seams are welded together on my 2010. I had the dealer where i bought the truck at, fix it, and i had complained about the sh!tty job they did, and had said i bet it wont last a year. Guess what, didnt last 6 months. Its all bubbled up and rusted once again in the same exact area where THEY so called repaired it. Yes, they fixed it under warranty. I`ve had a few of you guys jump all over me about my "bad attitude" in the past because i was sick and tired of how dodge takes care of their customers. I guess the thing to do now is, call chrysler an see if i can find ANOTHER dealer to fix this dam truck AGAIN. Its a lost battle anymore with these 1/2assed dodge dealerships. I`ll get it fixed again, but this coming spring, i`ve got to finally walk away from this truck and also walk away from buying any dodge products anymore. I dont even care about losing money on this truck, i`m done.

Thank you chrysler/dodge, for your lame dealerships and ill untrained staff.
You`ve made this easier for me to leave and you have managed to lose a 40yr customer for good

Sorry for the rant guys,
i`m just all worn out with ill dodge dealerships and their lack of customer service and skills.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
mezerr
Professional

Money.

It's all about the Money. They will fix it as cheap as possible, and hope we go away and don't come back. They are hoping that we give up, and just deal with it. And I think most customers do.

I'm wondering if the problem is with dealerships, or Chrysler. Don't all repairs have to be authorized by Chrysler? Is Chrysler suggesting cheap repairs?

Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
RSDodgelover
Professional

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with Dodge dealers. Unfortunately the warranty is only as good as the dealer doing the work. I have had experience with several dealers in many states since 1978 and most have been at least competent. My biggest issue has always been with the pricing of their labor but all brands are ábout the same so use them only when I have to. My Dad told me once to have good neighbors you had to be a good neighbor, maybe that applies here too. Just my thoughts.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
RAMULAK
Captain

I know right. You could probably go to the local vocational high school and get repaired there far better than dealer will do.

Hey...there is an idea. Go a voc. school and see what they say. They usually do it for almost nothing. Then again if it isn't a VW Jetta or a WRX they don't want to work on it.....

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LU. Perhaps you should move out here to Arizona. I guarantee you will never have a rust problem.

Two years old is pretty fast. You think it is a random bad job, or something many Rams will see?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

We lost a REALLY GOOD QUALITY Dodge dealership here a couple years back, when they mass-terminated. The other two locally are average.

Our local Ford dealer where we purchased a new Explorer from is horrible, not even going to waste anymore regarding it.

Last year we purchased a new Regal GS, this GM dealership has been TOP NOTCH. I peak on the Buick forums with common issues customers deal with, and the hoops they jump through repeatedly to correct warranty work. Our dealership doesn't "beat around the bush" at all. If there's a problem, its.taken care of. I've had two warranty issues thus far, and both times reading the Buick forums customers were treated with complete disrespect, and cheap --- fixes. The last issue was the heated seat randomly during off. I read on the forums of other dealerships messing around with multiple fixes to no avail, and this was a common issue for some reason with the Regal in general. Our dealership, swapped the whole damn seat out with a new one, problem fixed! Totally didn't expect that, plus they noticed the taillight was about to go out, replaced that as well, even though no warranty or charge, even for the bulb. Its not a big deal, but little things go along way!

I have to give props to the service dept. at the GM deslership we purchased from. It truely comes down to service!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

Tell you the truth, when i was back in NY , all the dealers sucked, and just bs the customers, but my local dealer here in small-town Nevada, on the money, and i didnt even buy the truck from them!!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Not A GM Man.

There are 2 Chrysler dealerships were I live , 1 has a reputation for bad service work so I avoid them , the other is were I bought and have my Ram serviced , they are 100% customer satisfaction , there techs are all long term employees so they don't have a lot of turnover in the shop , I am completely satisfied with my Ram And Dealership and will deal with them again when the time comes to replace one or more of my vehicles , sorry to hear you don't have this high quality dealer in your area.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
mike2810
Captain

I agree with some of the other posters. There are good service departments and there are not so good. I have found two that I use. Both have provided excellent service. They have done warrenty work on my Ram even though I did not buy from them. That said there are also good and not so good private garages. Interesting that the private garages don't get hounded like the dealerships on forums. Wonder why?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Out of curiosity, does the dealership you took it to have a paint/body shop or were they just playing with spray cans? Not all of the dealerships around here are set up to do body and paint work.

Quick Reply: Bad attitude, and finally well deserved...???