4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Enough with the earth tones!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If RAM ever changes the Sport to a two-tone, I'm buying a Ford!

Just kidding!

Seriously though, it was bad enough they tried to put a honeycomb chrome grille on a solid color Sport RAM back in '09. How many of you here (like me) swapped that grille with a color matched Sport '10, or TRX grille. My '13 Sport is Bright White, with the Sport hood and blacked out headlights, and DAMN, that thing sticks out in a crowd. I've owned 2 black Rams, and black Dakota prior, so white Sport was certainly a change.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
War Horse
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changing that stupid chrome grille on my 2009 was my first mod. Didn't even own the truck for a month and I was out in the driveway pulling it apart. I thought the wife was going to flip! But even she had to admit how great the color matched grille looked over the chrome.

At the time I used a color matched grille from a 2009 TRX/Outdoorsman. What was wild was the US Sports in 2009 where the only ones to get the chrome. Trucks bound for Canada or Mexico all received the TRX color matched grille from the factory.

Over the years I've debated a few times on updating it to a grille with the billet slates, to match the 3rd Gen Sports and the newer/current Sports. In the end I never could really justify the additional cost. However, now that they're selling Express trucks with the color bumpers, my Sport looks just like them, and the Express trucks are everywhere here in town. Heck, even some of the Express models come with the quad headlamps.

Quick Reply: Enough with the earth tones!