4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2015 1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 06:46 PM
digr
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 1500

My son gave me his 2015 Dodge 1500 to use well he is out of country for three years, and that he would keep it insured and licensed for me. I have never owned a new truck before and it took some time to figure out all the do dads and such. Two weeks ago the air conditioner quit so its still under warranty so the Dodge dealer found a leak and fixed it. I get the truck back and find that I have no heat I take it back in and they replaced the heater core and the thermostat and now they tell me that they have no idea what is wrong with it and that they are going to contact the engineering at Chrysler and will get back to me. WTF They did say that they had to remove the dash to fix the air.

Last edited by digr; 07-07-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:58 PM
digr
Amateur
Question

Now they are going to change the water pump

Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Dealer will know best whats wrong and ho to fix it. It's under warranty. Let them deal with it.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:48 PM
digr
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Dealer will know best whats wrong and ho to fix it. It's under warranty. Let them deal with it.
I am letting them deal with it but what they are doing makes no scene to me, they fix the air and the heater quits so now they change the thermostat, heater core and now the water pump, none of which could go bad over night. Isn't it common sense that if you fix the air and then lose heat you might have done something wrong when fixing the air. My son is coming home soon for a visit and I would like him to be able to drive his truck.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:28 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Without the truck in front of my, hard to tell. Just keep pressing them on it. That's what warranties are for.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:44 PM
digr
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Without the truck in front of my, hard to tell. Just keep pressing them on it. That's what warranties are for.
Sorry, I am just ranting, I am a old man now and the first cars I worked on only had three wires going to the engine and you could get it running with only one, now things sure have changed but I think by using a temp gun one could locate the problem area in a hurry and I mentioned that to the service man and he kept repeating over and over that "we can only try what engineering tells us to try".

Old 07-11-2017, 06:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by digr
Sorry, I am just ranting, I am a old man now and the first cars I worked on only had three wires going to the engine and you could get it running with only one, now things sure have changed but I think by using a temp gun one could locate the problem area in a hurry and I mentioned that to the service man and he kept repeating over and over that "we can only try what engineering tells us to try".
That's one of the problems with warranty work. The techs get labor time to FIX stuff, not to diagnose it. One of the things I hated about working flat rate.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:30 PM
digr
Amateur

So the service man calls today and says your truck is done and that it was the water pump, there was a obstruction in one of the ports, the mechanic came and got me as soon as he found it, and I know that you didn't think that it could be the pump so I took a picture of it. When I looked at the picture I said you've got to be kidding, someone just squeezed some silicone in there for the pic and he said no that it looks like part of a old gasket. What do you all think?

Attached Thumbnails 2015 1500-scan0001-copy.jpg  
Old 07-23-2017, 11:52 PM
digr
Amateur

No opinions anyone?

Old 07-24-2017, 09:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Glad they found the problem and fixed it.