4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bought a '09 regular cab today

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008 | 01:35 PM
Lie2me
|
Rookie

Dealer says next week for the regular cabs. I really broke the salesmans heart when I told him I bought one for $16K. I did give him a chance to beat their offer though. He's still going to call me when the '09 RCs show up so I can test drive one. I'm actually picking mine up from his dealership, surely they make some kind of money off of it.

I also had a chance to sit in one of the 09' QCs TRX, damn they are nice. The seats are very comfortable.

Old 11-08-2008 | 06:24 PM
MacDak
Professional

Lie, just so you don't have any regrets, see if you have the option of changing to the '09. Right, if you even sit in one... WOW! I simply cannot believe how nice those things are. Durability, though, that's the ticket for me. If it rides like a stalk cutter on a frosty morning, but is durable, I can handle it... Reliable, I mean, not just tough, but not breaking down so much, like my present Chevy 1500.

Old 11-09-2008 | 07:36 AM
Lie2me
|
Rookie

Mac, I did order the 09 RC with the Hemi. Yesterday was the first time I had ever sat in the '09s. Very sweet indeed. I'm hoping this truck will be as reliable as my dads 89 RC 4X4 Chevy, that old truck is bullet-proof.

FWIW, the local dealerships are having huge 'truck month' and 'new ram launch' parties...with VERY little attendance. I forsee a LOT of dealerships closing down and salesmen looking for jobs real soon. It's sad how jacked up things are...my Dad just got laid of on Tuesday. Luckily, he's in a position to retire...even after taking huge losses on his stocks in the past few months. It makes me feel almost bad for buying a new truck.

Old 11-11-2008 | 08:10 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

hey just to updated on performance parts for the v6 if u go on the the v6 forums u can do anything that u can do to a 4.7 same motor 2 less pistons intake,exhaust,headers,heads, pistons which would be from a 4.7 and tuners

Old 11-20-2008 | 10:57 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Thats a good feeling, when the plane reaches American air space isnt it? Few more months and I'm home too. I'm working with the encs guys here and they spec'd my exact truck and the rebate was 6500. I'm actually holding out on pulling the trigger until the around first of the year because I want to see how far these rebates will go.

Congrats on being back
When I bought My 2008 back in March, I acted fast to get the $5500 and free Hemi upgrade. I'm glad I did because once the end of the month came, they stopped that and started up the gas program which wasn't nearly as good. Especially since I hardly ever drive my truck. I wouldn't wait too long, because if they have to drop the pirces that low, they will simply stop production. They will never "lose" money on specialty builds. As long as they are accepting special builds, than they are making money and your in the clear, but once they seize production of those builds, than your rebates will change to something else or won't be as significant.

Quick Reply: Bought a '09 regular cab today