4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2009 Regular cabs? Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008 | 04:54 AM
Lie2me
|
Rookie
Default 2009 Regular cabs? Where are they?

Has anyone actually seen or purchased a new RC? I wanted to drive one before I bought it, but there were none on the lots when I was home on leave. I ordered one yesterday, but the soonest I can have it delivered is January 5th....can anyone provide insight on this? I'm hoping they are available way before January so I can at least test drive one to see if it is what I want. Thanks--JB

11 days till I get to redeploy back to the states...

Old 10-23-2008 | 08:45 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran

i think there is a delay along with a delay with the rambox.

and thank you for your service

Old 10-23-2008 | 08:54 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by Lie2me
Has anyone actually seen or purchased a new RC? I wanted to drive one before I bought it, but there were none on the lots when I was home on leave. I ordered one yesterday, but the soonest I can have it delivered is January 5th....can anyone provide insight on this? I'm hoping they are available way before January so I can at least test drive one to see if it is what I want. Thanks--JB

11 days till I get to redeploy back to the states...
I think I can shed some light here. I ordered up a regular Cab first week in September. After 6 weeks it was still in C status (scheduled to be built). The dealer told me last week there is indeed a delay on RC production and I should not expect mine to be delivered until late Nov. Someone posted, on another forum I believe, that there were about 160 a day being built as of last Tuesday at the St Louis plant but they werent leaving the factory. I have not seen nor heard of a reg cab on any lot in the country. If anyone else has any info I would be anxious to hear it too. Sorry about your wait, I do feel your pain. Congradulations on your new truck.

Old 10-24-2008 | 12:27 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran

hmm... i wonder what the delay could be?

Old 10-25-2008 | 01:26 AM
Lie2me
|
Rookie

Not sure what the delay is, but the military sales guarantees that it will be delivered by the 5th of January. Upgraded to the 4.7 too.

Thanks, I've been in the miliary for 18 years, looking forward to getting back to the states. My 18 y/o graduated from the Marines on October 3rd. Hopefully I will be stateside by Thanksgiving.

Old 10-25-2008 | 09:37 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by Lie2me
Not sure what the delay is, but the military sales guarantees that it will be delivered by the 5th of January. Upgraded to the 4.7 too.

Thanks, I've been in the miliary for 18 years, looking forward to getting back to the states. My 18 y/o graduated from the Marines on October 3rd. Hopefully I will be stateside by Thanksgiving.

Well good luck then, your wait will have been shorter than mine. Enjoy your new Ram and thank you for your family's service to the country.

Old 10-27-2008 | 01:37 PM
Lie2me
|
Rookie

Upgraded to the 5.7, now its January 9th for delivery.

And, Thank you.

Old 11-02-2008 | 04:05 AM
Lie2me
|
Rookie

I'm currently trying to change the gear ratio to 3.21 from 3.55. Not sure if I can make it happen because they are telling me that once the vehicle is ordered, that they usually don't make changes to the order.

My partner tells me the regular cabs are sitting on the lots around Fort Bragg, anyone seen any? He's b.s'ed me before....

Quick Reply: 2009 Regular cabs? Where are they?