4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Biased Toyota Fansite Reviews new Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 AM
MacDak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
There's nothing really wrong with it. I love my truck a lot, but there are things i would change on it. The 09 Rams kinda looks like they stole things off the 08 Tundra.

Yes i have test drove one. I'm 6'3'' so i didn't really feel small in it at all. It didn't seem cheap to me either. Recalls? Is Toyota the first to have mass recalls? Didn't Dodge have transmission problems for many years? You have to remeber that they haven't been building trucks nearly as long as domestic brands. To see how far they've came in the last 5 years, one can only guess where they'll be in another 5. I feel Toyota took more time thinking things out than other brands. Didn't it win Motortrend truck of the year?

This is not a biased statement in anyway. I see it for what it is. If i were biased, i wouldn't have purchased a Dodge Ram. I love my truck and am very pleased with it, but i still like the Tundra. I'm not what you would call a "brand loyal" guy. Every manufacturer makes good and bad vehicles, except for gm who makes all crap.
Ok, Got, I understand. I am not at all brand loyal either. I have a '93 Dakota 3.9 L V6 that has been one of the best (i.e., most reliable) vehicles I have ever owned. It is the main reasons I am looking at new Dodges now. I figured if they make Rams like that Dakota, I'm in. I also have a '96 Chevy 1500 5.7 L extended cab long bed - way too many troubles with it! It turned me against GM products as much as my Dakota turned me toward Dodges.

As for the Tundra - to me it is simply ugly; but, I could live with it if they are reliable. I know Toyota cars are reliable (don't break often), but not sure about the Tundras yet. I need to drive one too.

Also for me, I care nothing about which is fastest, more powerful, etc. They will all do what I need as for as power, speed and towing capacity. I keep my vehicles a loooong time.... and need them to keep going.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Grey-Ghost
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got_Hemi44
The 09 Rams kinda looks like they stole things off the 08 Tundra
but the 08 tundra's look like they stole the design off of the 07 dodges

Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Big_B
Rookie

Here is my two cents, take it for what its worth i guess.. The Japanese to me have turned out to be more American then americans. They are capitalists in the sense they know what sells, and that is inexpensive vehicles that are reliable. Isn't that what our Brands where? Every new truck, and SUV all Dodge and Ford have just been garbage. Compared to the reliability of my 51 Power Wagon or even my 92 F150 they just suck. Maybe if the big three modeled there business plans after Toyota and Honda they wouldn't in the position they are in.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

but its more then that to u have to look at the big three have to pay the unions and people who retirer were as the japanese dont have unions so they keep more of the money tey make and i;m not against unions i work at ups but its just a simple fact

Quick Reply: Biased Toyota Fansite Reviews new Ram