4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone Got the Locking Tailgate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Brummo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seigell
Nope. Not here...
But, with needing the key for the RamBox Locks and the Locking Bed Divider, it doesn't seem like having a Keyless Lock on the Tailgate would save me that much.
(But, for a slightly Off-Topic Laugh: Dodge was required by law to provide Manual Escape Unlock Toggles inside both RamBox doors. Just in case you somehow locked Two-foot Fred into one of your RamBoxes !!)
Very funny, I like that. When I was looking at the truck and the Ram boxes, I had to laugh too. Funny what laws there are now days.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by Brummo
Very funny, I like that. When I was looking at the truck and the Ram boxes, I had to laugh too. Funny what laws there are now days.
Both of my children have closed themselves into the Ramboxes trying to be funny and scare me and the wife. I told her we should install small TV's in the front of each one, lock them in there and have the most peaceful drive ever on vacation.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 PM
dodgethis1
Question

Originally Posted by Smoothbassman
For those interested in the locking tailgate that don't have one here is the scoop....

There are 3 components that tie together to make the locking tailgate work.

The Handle - 3 options - Standard / Locking / Locking with Camera
Control Unit - 2 options - Locking / Locking with Camera
and the Rod - 2 options - Standard / Locking w or w-o Camera

If you are retrofitting your non-lock tailgate truck you will need all 3 of these parts from Mopar in the combination that you need. Combined they are $130 bucks. I have posted the part numbers below. The parts are currently available for purchase.

The issue is now you have to get the dealer to wire the control unit into your door locks and it seems like no one in my area knows how to do that quite yet. Apparently there is a harness located on the right side of the underside of the truck that has leads for the camera and door locks already. Unfortunately no one at my dealer knows which ones to tap in to to make it work.
I am going to take this project on myself as soon as it warms up. i have seen that harness and there is a plug on it that is not being used just have to do some simple tests to determine which wires trip the control unit.

If anyone has a dealer that knows how to do it. Let me know.

Handle part #'s
68044904AB
55397292AB
68044906AB

Control Unit Part #'s
55112386AA
68044867AA

Rod
55112350AA
68049237AA

Is there a part number for handle for the parkview, and the lock, but is the handle only. Ie no camera or lock cylinder included?

Quick Reply: Anyone Got the Locking Tailgate?