4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed cover options

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 AM
siegelreptiles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is the seal on the undercover---if I were to install a bed rug would the undercover keep it pretty dry? I have a plastic liner that came in my truck--will the undercover work over that or would I have to take it out?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 PM
lynchmob
Rookie

seal is great. I haven't been to the car wash yet, but had heavy rains with no issues. The cover is very tight with a seal similar to your doors. The reasons I chose the undercover are water prevention, UV treated, and strength. So far, I am very happy with it.

the plastic liner will have to be trimmed to accomodate the mounts, but seems minimal. You can trade your bed liner for a mopar bed rug at the dealer and pay the difference. I almost did, but went with a rubber bed mat instead.

Last edited by lynchmob; 04-24-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lynchmob
seal is great. I haven't been to the car wash yet, but had heavy rains with no issues. The cover is very tight with a seal similar to your doors. The reasons I chose the undercover are water prevention, UV treated, and strength. So far, I am very happy with it.

the plastic liner will have to be trimmed to accomodate the mounts, but seems minimal. You can trade your bed liner for a mopar bed rug at the dealer and pay the difference. I almost did, but went with a rubber bed mat instead.
What did you do with your bedliner?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM
lynchmob
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
What did you do with your bedliner?
traded it for the mopar bed mat and a tailgate lock (not the handle, the hose clamp type ring). Not too happy with what the plastic liner had already done to the bed and gate, but I may eventually go with a Linex.

By the way, the Mopar mat comes with a tailgate piece which requires self tapping screws and the holes don't line up with the contours of the gate. It seemed too universal so I opted not to put holes in the new truck.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
j0e
Professional

Originally Posted by j0e
im still wanting a hard, color matched lid like i had on my other truck.
i wish someone here had a pic of one.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my bakflip, looks great and I just washed my truck and sprayed the heck out of the cover and any place water might enter and I didn't have any when I looked in.

By the way it is a lot more shiny than that, in those pictures there is a nice layer of pollen on the cover...

Name:  DSC00265.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  DSC00266.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  77.2 KB

Old 05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by Slinger
I've used soft and hard covers in the past and have been happiest with the fiberglass covers so I can store my son's baseball gear, chairs, and other things in the bed and not worry about weather (big trunk). The problem with this is hauling tall things like a lawn mower, leaving the top up just is not good when traveling a few miles. As an alternative I've seen a few roll top options that look sturdy, but since they don't go over the bed lip it seems they would be less that weather proof. Anybody have some advice and maybe a place to buy?

Rambox?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

My g2 just came in today according to the ups tracking. Can't wit to put it on, I'll take some pics after the install...

Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Well I got home and there it was, took me about 45min to put it on, but I was being very thorough and checking everything twice. I can't complin about the looks, function, or installation. I am very happy with it. Now the test of time. I would be happy with 10 years.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
trimble81

Has anyone seen the BakflipCS? I use my truck for work and like the idea of the ladder rack. It seems most covers would restrict the use of a universal ladder rack so I wanted to know how sturdy this option would be?

Quick Reply: Bed cover options