4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Slight vibration felt through gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Nuclearmike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm late getting in on this one, but, I have the pedal vibe problem as well. I just picked up my truck Saturday. Noticed it on Sunday. I have an hour drive to work and I'm already pretty annoyed by this.

One thing I've noticed is that the vibration seems to be more noticeable if I'm driving on a concrete road as opposed to asphalt. Thinking tires, maybe? Wishful thinking on my part....

In any case, has there been any progress on a solution to this? I've already called the dealer and they seemed to be ignorant of this complaint.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a simple solution. I really like my truck but not sure I can stand this for two hours a day.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Nuclearmike

Well, called a few dealers in my area. Nobody seems to know anythng about this problem. Called Dodge customer service this AM and the guy puts me on hold and then tells me there is a recall. I am beginning to be very optomistic at this point only to find out he is telling me about the HVAC recall. Crap, crap and double crap. Basically I got nothing. Will take it to the dealer this weekend.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Nuclearmike

And it begins. Got the call from my dealer that my truck is ready. Went through a few things I asked them to do and didn't mention the vibration. So I asked about it and was told that the vibration is from the duel exhaust and is "normal".

I'm not getting a very good feeling about this.......

Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
tombogue09
Captain

[quote=Nuclearmike;1773144]So I asked about it and was told that the vibration is from the duel exhaust and is "normal". [quote]

Well thats a new one. Unfortunately your going to have to fight and nag them to death in order to address the problem. They will run out of BS eventually. I will start on the vibration issue after my seat and wheel shake issue

Old 08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
bwimmer
Default gas pedal vibration

I to am experiancing the vibration... Driving me crazy...I tried to Isolate it by mounting the pedal bracket on some rubber washers, but this did not stop it either. It seems to be related to the road surface..... no vibration on asphalt , plenty of vibration on the rough pavement using chipped rock. I think I will try and add a stabilizer bracket bolted to one of the other bolts coming through the firewall . I can only hope that this helps. I showed the dealer this thread and he did say that I was not the only complaint that he had recieved. Unfortunatley he still has no fix for the problem.

Crew Cab ,Lonestar, Hemi, 10-08 Build date.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
rebwie
Default me too .....loose tie rods and bad bearing under 36k miles

Originally Posted by WVU Fan
This is kind of a weird one, but bear with me. When I'm driving in my 09 Ram and just cruising in the low RPM range (basically between 1500 and 2000) I can feel a slight vibration (almost buzzing like sensation) through the gas pedal. Anybody else notice this?

yes............................i also have 08 ram and when i had less than 36k miles was told i had loose tie rods and bad front bearing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it's not something in the gas pedal itself, more likely something from the truck transmitting vibration through the body, which in turn is going through the gas pedal. If you drive with boots or thick soled shoes, you probably wouldn't even feel it.

It's not a vibration like you would have with an unbalanced tire. Imagine more like if somebody took a hand held massager and put under the gas pedal while your foot was on it. That's the best way I'd know to describe it (at least I imagine that's what it would feel like!).

I am just curious to see if anybody else is feeling this. It is only under real light acceleration at low rpm or cruising at a low rpm. Under moderate acceleration or higher rpm I don't feel it.
iwas told bad bearing and tie rods loose

Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
rebwie
Default 08 ram pedal vibrate and bad noise in front end

i have been told loose tie rods and bad bearing .. also sounds like suspension out in front....bad noises when going over rr tracks or even slight bumps ...i had under 36k miles also have rust on both bumpers ,on antenna and tailgate hinges

Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to detect this on my 09 and cannot feel it. One time I think it was barely perceptable and, as an experiment, I just lifted my heel out of contact from the floorboard and it went away. What I thought was from the gas pedal was actually being transmitted from the floorboard through my heel. I am curious now, for those of who you who are experiencing this, have you tried lifting your heel off the floor?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Dr. Bill
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I guess I could lift my foot off the floor, LOL.
It still gonna be hard to drive with my hands off the wheel and my butt out of the seat though.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
cpelton
Veteran

I get a harmonic vibration right at 30km/hr that goes through the steering wheel and pedal. But thats the only time I notice it. Once they fix my creaky seat (that its been in for 3 times now) I'll be on them about it.

Last edited by cpelton; 08-19-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Slight vibration felt through gas pedal?