4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Slight vibration felt through gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
rlm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 20 inch aluminum wheels and getting the same vibration. I think we should start calling chrysler customer service on this. If enough of us call they will do something to fix it.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
bjennings79

I put mine in neutral while I was getting the buzz in the gas pedal today. Didn't make a difference. I think this rules out engine/transmission. I feel like it has to be something with wheels, tires, or rotors.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarguy01
Diablsport said they will not have a tuner for a while. There were quite a few changes made to the PCM for 2009.

Mine does not have a rattle or vibration aside from the one at idle.
I'm confused, I thought Moes Performance was selling them as we speak, and with the USB/Power Supply and 180 thermostat?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM

I know I have totally different engine, but just wanted to let you guys know what worked on mine. In my case I only had vibration between 800 and 1300 rpm and was not related to wheels or the road at all. Mine was vibrating even at idle if I open the TB by hand. So by accident I was going overseas and wanted to make sure that my wife has enough of starting power for Chicago's winters, so I decided to replace battery and alternator. After replacing alternator vibrations disappeared. To be honest alternator bearing was good on the old alternator, so something else mush have been creating that vibration inside and transmitting it to the engine somehow. Or maybe internal diodes were shorted and were creating EMI at certain rpms who knows. So what I suggest try removing your accesory belt and drive for minute or two you will not drain your battery and see if vibrations disappear. At least you will be able to rule out alternator and other pulleys.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
cpelton
Veteran

my vibration is definitely in the drivetrain not something on the engine, I feel it between 30 and 40km/h accelerating or decelerating

Old 09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
jbgp1200
Professional

As I have mentioned before, my 4.7L has done this from day 1. I took it in and they gave me a 4.7L loaner. Brand new only 300 miles and it had the same problem. When I picked mine up they said the vibration was normal. Days later I took mine in to be detailed and they gave me a different 4.7L as a loaner, again brand new and it had the same pedal vibration.

I think they all do it and I think some drivers just may not be bothered by it.

I did notice that the trucks I drove with the 17inch wheels had more vibration then mine does with the 20" wheels. Not sure if there is anything to the wheels, just an observation.

I would like it resolved so if everyone is planning on calling and reporting the problem let me know. Maybe if enough people call at the same time we can get quicker resolution .

Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
newbraunfelstex
Default Vibbbbration

I've had my Hemi for 1 month (1500k) now and don't know what to think about it. Thought for sure it had to do with it the fuel saver mode kicking in, but yesterday I drifted into the "wake up" groves cut into the shoulder of the highway. I noticed it amplified the vibaration big time. So now I think suspension? Tires? Don't know. I love the truck otherwise and when I don't think about it it doesnt bother me. Also, does everyones Hemi hum when it kicks into fuel saver? I've got a 07 Durango Limited with the MDS Hemi and I don't notice it.
Mike

Old 10-25-2009, 04:31 PM
allhans
Rookie
Default Vibration is gone!

I have suspected for quite some time this was related to tires. Many contributors to this thread do not agree; but this weekend I replace my 275/60-20 Wrangler HPs because after cupping at 3k, the started cupping again at 7k. This, poor wet traction, and other factors made me take the plunge.

I replaced them with Firestone Destination A/Ts. This all terrain tire is quieter and smoother that the Wrangler HP highway tires.

It's like driving an entirely different truck! WOW!

And the vibration so exhaustively described within this thread, that I have had since day 1 ... is gone.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
newbraunfelstex

Might try new tires down the road a little. Won't be long as I've had my truck for 1 month and have 2500 on it.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
cpelton
Veteran

I have different tires, same vibration.

Quick Reply: Slight vibration felt through gas pedal?