4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ParkView Camera Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, My wife made me get the Lockpick so she could watch videos while we are on trips. Make sure you get the one with the extra cables to hook up cameras and accessory audio video stuff. I have my iPhone hooked right into it so I view the video right on the screen, plus it charges my phone at the same time. I'm going to install come screens in the headrests this summer using the VES option in the Lockpick.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Rgory
Rookie

For anyone that has done the install themselves of the factory option, was there a plug/connector at the tailgate that would allow the removal of the tailgate if need be? Thanks,

Ryan

Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rgory
For anyone that has done the install themselves of the factory option, was there a plug/connector at the tailgate that would allow the removal of the tailgate if need be? Thanks,

Ryan
I have not done the install myself, but from looking at the instruction it does not appear that there is a plug/connector. It wouldn't be that hard to wire in yourself though.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
hbliam

I just had the OEM camera installed. Per my dealer I was the first install in the US. The reason they know this is because it took 4 days (!) and mulitiple calls to Michigan to work out problems with help from Dodge engineers. I gave up after day three and told them to remove it but gave them another shot when they said they would comp it because Dodge wanted to figure out what was wrong.

The set up does have a disconnect so you can pull the tailgate. The camera angle and view is excellent. I had a back up camera in my '06 4Runner and the Dodge camera is much better.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hbliam
I just had the OEM camera installed. Per my dealer I was the first install in the US. The reason they know this is because it took 4 days (!) and mulitiple calls to Michigan to work out problems with help from Dodge engineers. I gave up after day three and told them to remove it but gave them another shot when they said they would comp it because Dodge wanted to figure out what was wrong.

The set up does have a disconnect so you can pull the tailgate. The camera angle and view is excellent. I had a back up camera in my '06 4Runner and the Dodge camera is much better.
So does it point down at the hitch?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
hbliam

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
So does it point down at the hitch?
Yes it does.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
RichardR

Hi,

I just got off the phone with my Dodge dealer and they said there was no part they could order? I'm in Toronto (canada), but could you post the part number or the dealership that did it for you. I'm picking up my Laramie tonight, and really would like to added the backup camera.

Thanks, Richard

Quick Reply: ParkView Camera Install