4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MAX CARE Lifetime Extended Warranty, How Much Did You Pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drober30
Even if you don't follow the recommended oil changes and your engine fails, Chrysler has to prove it's because of the oil changes that the engine failed Example: Sludge.

if there is no sludge or scoring of the cylinders, then they will have to own up to the repair.

It's always better to follow the guidlines and you can perform the routine maintenance yourself. As stated, keep receipts and records.
Yes and no. That's the way the law is setup, however the warranty can have other fine print in it, which I believe ours has (for example requiring routine maintenance or the warranty is void). I haven't read the whole thing, but I've heard from a few people who have, that the lifetime warranty is full of so many loopholes for Chrysler that it's pretty much useless.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
Yes and no. That's the way the law is setup, however the warranty can have other fine print in it, which I believe ours has (for example requiring routine maintenance or the warranty is void). I haven't read the whole thing, but I've heard from a few people who have, that the lifetime warranty is full of so many loopholes for Chrysler that it's pretty much useless.
I agree, useless for those that don't read.

Priceless for those of us that do!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
tombogue09
Captain

So far I've done all the oil changes and routine maintainence myself. I have no way to prove it so is my warranty voided?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tombogue09
So far I've done all the oil changes and routine maintainence myself. I have no way to prove it so is my warranty voided?
I don't know. That's where it can get sticky. I haven't read the warranty itself, but I'm guessing if you filled out a little log book and argued with them that you did everything, as suggested, on the dot, etc. then you might be able to win? That would be leaving it up to their judgement?

Quick Reply: MAX CARE Lifetime Extended Warranty, How Much Did You Pay?