4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bedrug

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 AM
blue2050
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bedrug

Hey all,

I have only had plastic bed liners..good and bad with those. Some friends have Rhino liner in their trucks and swear by it.
I am not big on installing/applying items that can't be removed.

Long story but I now have a NEW 2009 Dodge truck. Sold the Silver Laramie Crew.
While I was at Dodge they are pushing this "bedrug" bedliner.
Looks pretty good and best of all covered under warranty....if they install it.

I just wonder if anyone here has real world experience with it??
Says oil and battery acid wash off. Dealer said mud washed out easy...mud is my concern.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Mop...6153C1103.aspx

Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
thirtydaZe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't have any experience with a bedrug, that being said however, and i did catch the part where you said you don't like installing anything that can't be removed, but you'd really be doing yourself a favor by checking out a linex bedliner.

for the money you are spending on the bed rug, a linex job is only about 50 bucks more.

they are beautiful!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Kneedragger

I'm not too sure about putting anything with sharp edges or anything messy in the bed with a bedliner this nice

Last edited by Kneedragger; 03-02-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

I have the bedrug installed on my 09 ram CC

I havent used it like your saying yet... but it looks nice and im happy with it.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one in my SRT (I installed). They do look nice.

To me, if you really wanted to do some serious rugged hauling I would not get it. Sure, you can wash it, but eventually it will look like crap. Some of the moisture could get under neath and get trapped for a while...

If I was going to do a truck that I was actually going to use as a truck I would go plastic or spray in.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 03-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Has anyone hauled mulch or rocks in their truck with a bed rug? I only do that 3 or so times a year but I want to make sure that kind of crap will clean out easily.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 PM
ikaika
Banned

Okay guys, I have been trying to get a simple rubber bed mat from my local
camper shell vendor (Vern's). They keep on telling me 'the truck is comming and I will have it' 3 weeks already. Seems the truck never comes so I'm giving up. I tried 4Whell Parts wholesalers and was told nothing existed for the 2009 5'7" bed. Also, $100 sounds like lot for the mat???
I'll search online, I was just hoping that to pick one up locally (instant gratification thing). Any suggestions on brands and prices?
LineX and BedRug sounds REALLY nice but have just spent a lot of coin on a ARE cover so I'm on the cheap and the rubber will help keep my baseball equipment from moving around back there.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

They have some mats on eBay for under $100 I believe.

Is there a bedrug that comes with the Ram logo on it?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Line-x all the way, I know you said you didn't want something that couldn't be removed but you will never want or need to remove it. My dad's old truck has a 7 year old line-x bedliner and it still looks great. I just had my truck done and my dad had his new dodge done with line-x as well. If your gonna be rough on it get something that can handle it and help keep your bed from getting beat up and prevent rust.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

Some may already know this, but I recently had a Line X dealer tell me that to keep the Line X looking great to clean it a couple times a year with full strength Simple Green and a stiff brush. He said if you do that a couple times a year it will keep the oxidation off and have it looking nice. He also said he treats his with whatever he uses to put on the dash of his truck. I'm not so sure I would go that far, but it's a suggestion I suppose.

Quick Reply: Bedrug