4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram box's

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009 | 09:10 PM
jram99
Veteran

Well, I got the new 09 on order. The differences in options are I ordered cloth seats this time around and no sun roof. Did add the rearview camera and the rambox. The actual loss was around $7500 bucks but with the dealers help we got it down to $2500. That amount will put my payment approx $50 higher. I'll also have 5 months of payments that I will loose as well. At first I thought maybe I won't trade after all, but due to the fact that I tend to keep a truck for 10yrs or more I decided to go ahead with the deal. Since it will take a few weeks for the truck to come in I figure if I get cold feet I'm only out the $100 deposit. I really should have waited before buying the truck I have now but at the time I had a son graduating college and thought he would need a vehicle for work. Still have one son in college and they use to share the Tahoe. As it turns out the graduate hasn't been able to find a job yet so I could have remained in the 99 QC until now. I guess you make decissions with the info you have at the time. This is an expensive mind change but I figure I won't be tempted to trade again in a few years when deals aren't as good. I did find out something and feel that it does affect the trade in value to some degree. The lifetime drive train warranty is only good to the original buyer. Even though I only have 4300 miles and the dealer is taking the truck the next buyer will not get the lifetime warranty, only the remainder of the 3/36. I was told that the dealer will more than likely purchase an extended warranty for the next buyer so I'm sure part or all of that cost came out of my trade. I know a few of you think what an idiot! Probably am, but find it much easier to keep a vehicle for a long time when it's what you really wanted in the first place. This is the first time I've ever pulled a stunt like this and will probably be the last also.

Lubepimp, not sure what size wheeler you have but my wifes 250 fits in the bed of my cc just fine. Can't shut the tailgate but I'm not really worried about that. Jeff.

Old 03-21-2009 | 11:55 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jram99
The Rambox was the opton I wanted most when I decided to get the 09. I just couldn't wait for anylonger though since I really had to get another truck at the time (Nov). In a few hours my wife and I are headed up to the dodge dealer to see about trading in the new truck for one with the rambox. I don't work out of my truck but I do tow and have gear for that, plus all the straps for the 4 wheelers and such. The rambox to me is the perfect concept for this kind of clutter that you just don't want in the cab with you. The cost of the rambox is more than just the 2 built in tool boxes though. There is also the adjustable rail tie downs as well as the movable load gate that also doubles as a bed extender. The other day while at the dealer I had them run a special order cost for me and the $1895 msrp came to $1611 fwp (dont know what that is but assumed it was dealer cost) Anyway with the employee pricing, $1000 cash back, $1000 if financed through approved credit union, free hemi, and $500 farm bureu discount that puts the truck I want at around $34k. As long as I don't have to big of a loss on the 5 month old 09 I will probably make the deal. Jeff.
Good luck i too am interested in what you'll get for it

Old 03-22-2009 | 09:00 AM
jram99
Veteran

The actual trade in offer was $27000. My original cost before TTL was a little over $35000. I've had the truck 5 months and it has 4300 miles on it. So that's approx $8 grand depreciation. Proplem is I don't know how to compare that to past models since I haven't been able to find anything for used 09 dodges yet. NADA list 09's but doesn't show any trade values when you plug in the options. KBB doesn't even show the 09's yet. Jeff.

Old 03-22-2009 | 10:01 AM
navyr6
Professional

i too looked at the ram box and thought it would be useful and look cool, but when it came time to pull the trigger, i couldn't justify the $1900 and didn't want to wait to get one either. i did get the 32 gallon fuel tank, which was a requirement for me- my last truck was a diesel, i like the extra range of a big fuel tank- and when the dealer did a search on their computer, it was the only one with it in a 400 mile radius! helps that i told him where to look since i found it searching online myself (it was only 50 miles away)