4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dam Hail Storm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 AM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tankit
That sucks Lynchmob, but only getting 6 dings on the hood is lucky for this size of hail in your pic, I had like 35 dings on my hood and the hail was smaler then yours.

Oh just an FYI the shop has had my truck twice now and still have not gotten the hood right, after they had it the first time they missed 11 spots on the hood, picked it up after the 2nd time with them and just doing a quick glance I still see 3 bad spots Im starting to get pissed!!!
Where'd you take your truck?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Tankit
Professional

Where'd you take your truck?
Paintless Dent Shop
http://www.thepaintlessdentshop.com/

I have some friends at work who have been using this shop and love him. I think I just have a better eye then most people my guess is many would let the very minor dings slide but not me! The truck was 3 weeks old and flawless.

Im thinking of calling my insurance company and see if I can get them to replace the hood.

Did you get several quotes or did you have to go to the insurance company's shop
In TX you can go to the shop of your choice, its the law. I did check out multiple shops and they we all going to be doing PDR to repair the truck.

Last edited by Tankit; 04-13-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Abqhemi
Professional

Ouch! I feel your pain man. The night I bought my 2004 Ram QC home I got nailed by one of those storms of the century. I was gonna do the hood swap to but never got around to it. Oh well....

Old 04-14-2009, 01:19 AM
72combo
Champion

if there are no creases and you get to one of the paintless dent guys, one that is good, to sooner the better the metal wants to get back to where it was but if you leave it too long they can't get out the dings without cracking paint. That is what I was told so, if you can get it fixed within days you have a better chance of paint free repairs.

Quick Reply: Dam Hail Storm!!!