4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who's debadged??? Do you like it??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 PM
c0mf0rt
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's debadged??? Do you like it??

I'm thinking of taking the Hemi/RAM badges off of the side as well as the Big Horn and 4x4 on the tailgate. So who's done it and do you like it?

Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM
v8440
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the hemi and the dealership badges taken off of mine. I left the ram and slt badges on it. After all, everybody knows that dodge has not made a single rcsb 2wd '09 hemi, right? So, when they see mine it instantly becomes just another 4.7 truck.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

What are you guys using to remove the black 2-sided tape on back of the emblems? I used dental floss to remove the M on the driver's door. That came off in 30 seconds, but the adhesive for that one letter took me almost 45 minutes. I used at t-shirt and some Lift-Off #2 for adhesives and glues. Just using the t-shirt with the Lift-Off it still left little scratches in the paint. I tried to polish out the scratches, but some are still there. I gave up after that. I know that there's got to be an easier way to remove the emblems.

I tried a hair dryer since I don't have a heat gun and that just made the paint hot and did nothing for as far as making it easier to remove the black tape.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 PM
uashemi
Professional

Heat it up BEFORE you remove the piece. This will make the tape stay intact, well more than with out it. Nice thing about a black truck in the Arizona sun, dealer sticker came of fast than a band aid and left only residue that comes off easily with goo gone.

But yeah, check out the previous post. Pics of trucks already done.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
v8440
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid a guy to take mine off. He went at it with some sort of wheel on a tool (a drill? I can't remember) and it absolutely looks like no badge was ever in those places. I paid him $50 to remove those three badges, and he washed/dried the truck too.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Tankit
Professional

Hmm I like the badges, I even put a hemi badge on the tailgate.

So to keep it on topic back in my days of auto body in high school we usec heat guns on the lowest setting and you had to be real careful to no burn tha pain.

I would recomend you pay someone if you have never done it before, not worth damaging your paint.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Blow dryer, fishing line and then some goo gone and a microfiber cloth. The t-shirt is probably what scratched it.

But I like my badges. I'm proud of what I drive. Thinking of adding another hemi badge as well, just don't have any '09 Hemi badges....

Old 03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

I wasn't sure about the GooGone damaging the paint that's why I used the Lift-Off. But if GooGone gets the black adhesive tape off, I'll give it a try.
And use a microfiber towel this time.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Yeah, goo gone or bug off are both safe. I prefer goo gone.

And if you said you used a t-shirt or bath towel on like the corvette forum you might get banned.... (man were they pissed at me when I said I dried my vette with a bath towel - this is how I learned) microfiber cloths are key. They'll help you not scratch the paint.

Quick Reply: Who's debadged??? Do you like it??