4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anybody use the "ESP OFF" button?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
tombogue09
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's only in 4wd lock. It will stay off up to 40mph and then enter partial mode.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Tankit
Professional

So when we are able to reflash our chips you think it can be fully disabled that way??

Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Tankit
So when we are able to reflash our chips you think it can be fully disabled that way??
There will probably be some tuners that do and some that don't. I would like to have a tune that lets the button to fully disable it. I think there is probably a way to trick the computer with the external wiring. I read a post somewhere saying that if you disconnect the front wheel sensors it will disable esp completely, but apparantely it fills up the dash with idiot lights. The service manual would probably help tremendously in figuring this out.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
utour
Rookie

OK, sorry to be a smart a** but the topic was not how to turn it off ESP but rather how the off mode (no matter if it's complete disconnect or not) influences the MPG. If someone wants to discuss other aspects of ESP let's start a new topic. I think the question was clear and let's try to stay on the subject. No offense please.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:49 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I don't see how esp could affect mpg under normal conditions. I suppose if you drove wildly enough to where you constantly had wheels braking to maintain control it might.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 AM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by utour
OK, sorry to be a smart a** but the topic was not how to turn it off ESP but rather how the off mode (no matter if it's complete disconnect or not) influences the MPG. If someone wants to discuss other aspects of ESP let's start a new topic. I think the question was clear and let's try to stay on the subject. No offense please.
Lol theres a alot of no offenses after kicking people in the ***** around here.

Second I dont see how it really effects it much.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
09RuffRam
Veteran

I have never noticed mpg difference but i think its something dodge should have never put in. never have i had so many situations where the truck dont perform. all through the winter i had to constantly turn it off so i could make it around town. you hit 2 inches of snow and you lose all power, now up here where a common 12 inch fall of snow oever night and that truck dont make it out of a driveway. with ESP off i can chew through in 2wd and it stays off till a certain amount of sway is induced and than it kicks back in

Quick Reply: Anybody use the "ESP OFF" button?