4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fiat Walks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who don't get it, if the govt steps up to warranty someones truck, that's you and me stepping up. The govt doesn't have any money they take it from us. I don't want to warranty anyones truck, and I don't want you warranting mine! If chrysler goes under they go under. Before America can ever be strong again, people have got to quit looking to the govt to solve their problems, quit looking to the govt to bail you out. It's because people keep thinking the govt will take care of them that makes them so friggin intrusive in the first place. To hell with the govt & unions. If chrysler really wants to survive they need to file bankruptcy, then tell any working union member that if they are willing to work for chrysler and not the uaw, then they will have a job. If not, they can be unemployeed with the other 6 million people looking for work. Sorry for the rant, but I get pissed when people think the govt is there to bail them out. The only thing the govt needs to do is build and maint our infastructure and our military. The rest needs to be left up to private enterprise since the govt can't do a damn thing without bankrupting it and screwing it up royaly. I'm 49 years old and can't think of one single govt program that works like it should. Jeff.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:08 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not overly worried about warranty. Is it nice? Yes. Certainly did not stop me from ordering a new truck though.

On my 05 I had three warranty visits done, one was door seals, another was the steering wheel. It is not that they failed, just wearing bad. The other was power steering leak. I had actually fixed it with a $2 clamp but figured since it was coming to me I would take it in.

I just hope I get my truck before something bad happens By bad I mean two things really....

1. Outright shutdown
2. UAW agreeing to big salary cuts. I can picture a handful of workers thinking... If I take a 40% cut I am going to work to that level.... I want my truck put together and not missing 40% of the bolts.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
thirtydaZe
Professional

Originally Posted by jram99
For those who don't get it, if the govt steps up to warranty someones truck, that's you and me stepping up. The govt doesn't have any money they take it from us. I don't want to warranty anyones truck, and I don't want you warranting mine! If chrysler goes under they go under. Before America can ever be strong again, people have got to quit looking to the govt to solve their problems, quit looking to the govt to bail you out. It's because people keep thinking the govt will take care of them that makes them so friggin intrusive in the first place. To hell with the govt & unions. If chrysler really wants to survive they need to file bankruptcy, then tell any working union member that if they are willing to work for chrysler and not the uaw, then they will have a job. If not, they can be unemployeed with the other 6 million people looking for work. Sorry for the rant, but I get pissed when people think the govt is there to bail them out. The only thing the govt needs to do is build and maint our infastructure and our military. The rest needs to be left up to private enterprise since the govt can't do a damn thing without bankrupting it and screwing it up royaly. I'm 49 years old and can't think of one single govt program that works like it should. Jeff.
what he said, i like this guy!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe

lol,
jram for president. He is exactly right. The government should be about maintaining an infrastructure that allows the free market to prosper and providing a strong military. That's it. On a federal level anyway. The uaw and the federal government are the same. Once an entity gets that big, it becomes corrupt and bastardized.

The only thing I worry about with respect to Chrysler going under is being able to get parts, but I think most of those are made in Mexico (because of the UAW).

I wonder why we never see large groups of toyota employees on the news whining and carrying on about how bad they have it. I guess it is some sort of miracle that they are
able to turn out a decent vehicle (as much as I hate to admit it) at a reasonable price while maintaining healthy employee relations all with out the guidance of the uaw.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
rjc799
Veteran

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe

Me too! Preach it brotha! I am sick and tired of people wanting something for nothing. I paid almost a butt load in federal taxes this year and still had to cut a check on the 15th to the IRS.

I am tired of hearing that the government isn't giving me this, or they aren't doing that for me.................GO DO FOR YOUR D**N SELF and quit b***ing!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" ....JFK

Back on topic...........I am not afraid if and when they file, I had zero issues with my '04 and expect none from my '09. My only concern is the resale down the road.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Valdes
Yes it's simple. We are screwed and know one on this forum is even discussing this.

Hey Bountyhunter: Whats up with the scoop. Do you race or do you just like ugly? No offense meant. Everyone has their preferences.

Well if you had used the search function before posting, you would have numerous conversations and information answering every question you have just asked. It has been discussed plenty and the correct grammar would be, no one on this forum and not know one. Welcome to Dodgeforum

o and "no offense meant" it's a wing, not a scoop. Makes you look bad when you criticize someone and don't get it right..

Last edited by bigred3297; 04-16-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
cheatdt
Rookie

Originally Posted by mopowar
Amen. That's exactly what needs to happen. Unions are all about bitching an very little about working. I was in one for 8 years. The sooner they are gone the sooner America gets strong again.
Where my spouse works, they are union. Will vote on the contract this Sunday. Its such a joke most times. Neither of us like unions, but, no choice here.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Mattones
Professional

Canadian here,

Bought my truck at the end of March..I got a 7 year Warranty.. If i recall the Canadian Government will only pay up to 5 years. What am i able to do about this?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattones
Canadian here,

Bought my truck at the end of March..I got a 7 year Warranty.. If i recall the Canadian Government will only pay up to 5 years. What am i able to do about this?
Right now, nothing.

If they shutdown, also, nothing. You will not get anything back from a bankrupt company.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cheatdt
Where my spouse works, they are union. Will vote on the contract this Sunday. Its such a joke most times. Neither of us like unions, but, no choice here.
That sounds like ATT... They are on the verge of yet another strike...

Quick Reply: Fiat Walks?