4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fiat Walks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Soop
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe
what he said, i like this guy!
Man...count me in...I am ready to get my old military fatigues back on and take the hill one more time for the Gipper!!!

Oops, they don't fit anymore...but I am in!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
qicvick
Professional

I agree ! Unions have ruined our country, China don't have any unions and their doing better than the rest of the world because they demand a 14 hr work day 7 days a week, if your sick either keep working or quit! There is plenty of 12 year olds that would love to have your job! Also this pension crap, what a joke, the thought of working to a certan age and then retiring and living off a porton of your money that the company agreed to to hold and invest for you 30 years ago! Not work and still get a cheak to live off of when your older and can't work? Give me a break! When I can't work from sun up to sunset 365 days a year its time to quit and start depending on my kids and grandkids slave labor wages to feed me, I am ashamed that I am 30 year card caring union member, after working a 40 hr week I feel so guilty taking off 2 days to rest and thinking that I deserve a pension that I and the company agreed to every three years of the 30 I worked when I retire, I like most of ya'll will probadly not accept any social security when I get older, I know we paid in on it but like the pension that was kept from my cheak all these years think of the strain on our goverment to have to fund all that on people that aren't even working, yes we went down as a country when we allowed the union to try to make things easier the American worker, no wonder the rest of the world hates us!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:02 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read one article that said the unions need to settle at 19$ an hour for Fiat to come in. Roughly, 40hrs*52wks*19=39,xxx. Now, I don't know about you all, but I think 19$/hour or 39K/year is a pretty good alternative to having NO DAMN JOB AT ALL! Plus, does someone really need more to stamp a hood 100 times a day or stick on badges? What does an entry level factory worker do that deserves a huge salary?

Get rid of the unions, have Chrysler set up 401k's, vacation time, medical and dental coverage, and stay in business. Or, keep the unions, don't make a deal with Fiat, go bankrupt, get liquidated, and send thousands of people looking for jobs and only worsen the economy.

I can fix almost anything on my truck. What I cannot fix or do is replace and reflash a PCM, etc. I need some support if my warranty goes away. Plus, we still need parts. I really don't want to pay 28K for something I cannot fix because nobody makes parts for it.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by mopowar
lol,
jram for president. He is exactly right. The government should be about maintaining an infrastructure that allows the free market to prosper and providing a strong military. That's it. On a federal level anyway. The uaw and the federal government are the same. Once an entity gets that big, it becomes corrupt and bastardized.

The only thing I worry about with respect to Chrysler going under is being able to get parts, but I think most of those are made in Mexico (because of the UAW).

I wonder why we never see large groups of toyota employees on the news whining and carrying on about how bad they have it. I guess it is some sort of miracle that they are
able to turn out a decent vehicle (as much as I hate to admit it) at a reasonable price while maintaining healthy employee relations all with out the guidance of the uaw.
All the foreign companies like Toyota have been getting financed they just keep their mouths shut and not make news out of everytime someone wipes their ***. That is the problem the media makes things look worse so people think worse and lose confidence. I am crippled and about to probably lose my benefits(1500) a month I use and that is trying to keep it down. I just bought a new truck and week later the gov here says they will honour warranties if the car co's go under, but I wont be covered, missed it by one week and yea what about my 6 year gold plan bumper to bumper no deductible.? I think it is owned by someone other that Chrysler possibly which might be good.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:36 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

The head of Fiat, who if a deal a deal is made will become the head of Chrysler has said clearly all he wants to do is level the cost per unit playing field with the Japanese manufacturers. The requires concessions by the US and more so the Canadian unions. If that does not happen then they should file Chapter 11, because the unions will definately not like the bankruptcy court does to them.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
qicvick
Professional

The pensions are said to be the difference in the make or break auto problems, they were mishandled by management that has already taken their millions in salary and bonus stock options before they tanked and now that it is time to pay the people that build the car the blame is placed on the ones that didn't get paid what was agreed and its their fault?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
WVU Fan
Professional

Some of you guys are flat out missing the point. I'm not looking for any bailout from Uncle Sam. What I want is what I PAID FOR!! I paid for a 7yr/70,000 mile warranty, you can bet your a$$ that I expect that coverage to be there. That's not looking for a bailout, that's expecting to receive a service that I paid for, period!

For what it's worth, my truck has been to the dealership for warranty service 3 times already in 2 1/2 months of ownership....warranty....yeah...I want it.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 AM
rjc799
Veteran
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by bigred3297
Well if you had used the search function before posting, you would have numerous conversations and information answering every question you have just asked. It has been discussed plenty and the correct grammar would be, no one on this forum and not know one. Welcome to Dodgeforum

o and "no offense meant" it's a wing, not a scoop. Makes you look bad when you criticize someone and don't get it right..
Sorry about the grammar. I would not KNOW a scoop from a wing. Never worked on any vehicle unless it was the only option, like stuck on the side of the road or broke down when I was young. I am not concerned as to how I look or how I am viewed. I am a virgin when it comes to Chrysler products, and have concerns as you can see. I bought the truck because I liked it better than the competition. I even had a guy (not an employee) at a Ford dealership tell me he was "going to see how things worked out", before he purchased any vehicle. Kinda wish I had listened to him. But things may work out. I hope.
Thanks for the welcome bigred.

I also have the extended warranty.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
jram99
Veteran

I agree ! Unions have ruined our country, China don't have any unions and their doing better than the rest of the world because they demand a 14 hr work day 7 days a week, if your sick either keep working or quit! There is plenty of 12 year olds that would love to have your job! Also this pension crap, what a joke, the thought of working to a certan age and then retiring and living off a porton of your money that the company agreed to to hold and invest for you 30 years ago! Not work and still get a cheak to live off of when your older and can't work? Give me a break! When I can't work from sun up to sunset 365 days a year its time to quit and start depending on my kids and grandkids slave labor wages to feed me, I am ashamed that I am 30 year card caring union member, after working a 40 hr week I feel so guilty taking off 2 days to rest and thinking that I deserve a pension that I and the company agreed to every three years of the 30 I worked when I retire, I like most of ya'll will probadly not accept any social security when I get older, I know we paid in on it but like the pension that was kept from my cheak all these years think of the strain on our goverment to have to fund all that on people that aren't even working, yes we went down as a country when we allowed the union to try to make things easier the American worker, no wonder the rest of the world hates us!

qicvick, I love sarcasm as much as the next guy but it's obvious you're missing the point. If the unions gave a crap about human rights why aren't they over in China trying to fix the child labor problem? Don't kid yourself that they give a crap about you either, they don't. Unions in this country were started for all the right reasons and god bless em for fixing the early labor problems but as always happens, as their power grew so did their coruption. Unions are now totally corupt and the time has come for them to cease to exist. You complain about the executives making millions in bonuses, but I didn't hear a word about the millions the union leaders are making! And guess what, the CEO's have to perform or they can be fired, but the unions just take your money to become millionairs. So go on believing unions care but see how much they care when you're out of work and there's none to be found. I'm not going to sit here and blame all of the problems on unions and I'm not going to blame the working class of the unions, but the rank and file of the unions need to understand that there is a breaking point. At some point nobody is going to buy an over priced vehicle or product so that somebody else can have benifits and salaries that the buying public can't have. Remember, we are a consumer nation, but when people can't afford to consume anylonger then people start loosing their jobs. I hate intrusive govt, I hate that our govt thinks it's OK to save somebody elses job at my expense. My company has been laying people off for months now. Now they are talking about cutting hours, benifits, etc. I hate that but I'm glad to still have a job and would gladly take pay cuts or what ever else to keep my job-to a certain point, buy only I can decide when that point has been reached. I am just not the type of person to allow some union to tell me when that point is reached and I'm not the type to allow the govt to tell me either. It is really not my intention to offend you, but the truth is the blame for the majority of economic mess belongs all to the govt(and I mean both sides of the isle) and unions (for driving cost of doing business so high that companies have to go to other countries for survival). Of course there are other people/reasons for the economy being what it is but I'm only talking about the 2 major ones. Jeff.

Quick Reply: Fiat Walks?