4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 AM
denice25
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that's a great deal....

Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 AM
kinitex

Only $10,000.00 off MSRP but keep in mind this was ordered Apr 8th and comes in brand spankin new, hasn't been sitting on a lot. Plus the fact that this will be the last shipment for some time, and there are very few of these lamaries fully loaded like this with the new ram box. So if I don't make my move now, chances are I wont get one until mid summer. There goes 3 months of premium biking.

The only thing I am kind of second guessing, is getting the two-tone. I just think all black with tints ridin on 22s would look a lot more aggressive than with the two-tone. Any guesstimates on how much it would cost to eventually get it painted if I wanted?

Also, does anyone know the limit as far as modding and not voiding the warranty?

Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
RamAirman
Rookie

I'd think you could find the same truck in the low 40's. I paid 32 for my truck, and the loaded Lariat was about 10k more.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
spoon
Professional

72combo: "I financed it for 6 years 0 down, if I were to let it run the course I will pay something like 4000 less than sticker price even after all the taxes and interest over 6 years. Almost worth just paying the payments. For now I will, you never know, might have to give it back, don't want to pay too much off LOL"

You really think you can just walk away after handing back the car? You still owe the remained of the loan after retuning the car

Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by spoon
72combo: "I financed it for 6 years 0 down, if I were to let it run the course I will pay something like 4000 less than sticker price even after all the taxes and interest over 6 years. Almost worth just paying the payments. For now I will, you never know, might have to give it back, don't want to pay too much off LOL"

You really think you can just walk away after handing back the car? You still owe the remained of the loan after retuning the car
What you don't get is I am paraplegic and the money I will lose is not the only problem Benefits which I have 1500 a month in prescriptions etc., not by choice and the extended Benefits money. So I take a third of my income hit which is already half of what you guys make minus 1500 in cash I will have to pay for prescriptions, so I will be bankrupt anyway so do you think I am gonna put my money to keep a truck or a house...actually I heard they cant take your car away either if you go bankrupt here I have a friend who knows all the ins and outs....I won't pay for this truck if I go bankrupt. Will keep my house and my truck and even my 72 Chevy pickup, better give that to my son soon.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by kinitex
Only $10,000.00 off MSRP but keep in mind this was ordered Apr 8th and comes in brand spankin new, hasn't been sitting on a lot. Plus the fact that this will be the last shipment for some time, and there are very few of these lamaries fully loaded like this with the new ram box. So if I don't make my move now, chances are I wont get one until mid summer. There goes 3 months of premium biking.

The only thing I am kind of second guessing, is getting the two-tone. I just think all black with tints ridin on 22s would look a lot more aggressive than with the two-tone. Any guesstimates on how much it would cost to eventually get it painted if I wanted?

Also, does anyone know the limit as far as modding and not voiding the warranty?
You can't get anything out of a plant right now from what I hear. All plants closed. They are doing a sale down, so watch for the sales on pretty much anything, I didn't say it.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 72combo
You can't get anything out of a plant right now from what I hear. All plants closed. They are doing a sale down, so watch for the sales on pretty much anything, I didn't say it.
His may be out of production and in shipping. I ordered a week later and was in production last week. If he is in shipping he is OK.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 AM
kinitex

So for this truck

2009 Dodge ram 1500 laramie, quad cab, brilliant crystal black, monotone

options
receiver hitch
bedliner
protection group
leather trimmed bucket seats
parkview rear backup camera
= $1775.00 in options

$44,845.00 MSRP

-$4,500 consumer bonus
-$1,500 bonus cash

-$6,000 total discount

$42,120.00 CAD after rebates, +destination and A/C tax added on built on the dodge.ca website.

So I should be looking to get this truck for what? About $38k to $40k OTD? or lower?

remember this is canadian so if you only know state pricing, multiply it by 1.2 :P

Quick Reply: Am I getting a good deal?