4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mygig Lockpick or Navtv?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
drober30
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wmichell227
How hard is it to install the Navtv?
A pet monkey could do it!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
MisterScott
Rookie

Very easy. Do a search for dash removal instructions. They are on the site a couple of times.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by patpeoria
Last question, going trough the Navtv website and forum, they said that it’s better if you disconnect the thing before going to service.
I don't think you'd need to disconnect it every time you leave it to be serviced. If the service you are having done has absolutely nothing to do with the MyGIG then there's really no reason to disconnect the ALLGIG.

However, if you're having trouble with the MyGIG unit itself then I'd say absolutely disconnect and remove the ALLGIG module before taking it in. They're liable to claim the MyGIG was damaged by an unapproved aftermarket device.

I take my car in for free oil changes all the time and I never unplug my aftermarket device. Even so it only take a few minutes to remove the MyGIG and gain access to the back of it.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 AM
patpeoria

Thanks guys, i'm on my way back home (curently at the airport in Europe), will oder it tomorow, as I will try to find some time to install my Valentine and post some picture about the wirering in the overhead console (if i can make it ), thanks again

Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Brummo
Captain

How much have you guys been paying for the NAV? Anyone doing a group buy?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Twotone
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We bought a 2008 Nitro RT and a 2009 Ram Laramie Crew at the same time with the same Nav Units.

I am starting to hate the lockpick...The Audio cuts out all the time CD/DVD and Hard-drive. The dash removal on the Laramie w/ console is a bear but the Nitro wasn't bad.

Anyone know if Lockpick is fixing this problem w/ updates or what?? Before I continue installing cameras front and rear for both units, Id kinda like to know if the lockpick is staying or going.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by Twotone
Anyone know if Lockpick is fixing this problem w/ updates or what??
I haven't heard if they're working on fixing a problem or not. Even if they do there's no way for current Lockpick owners to update their units without buying a whole new module, unlike the ALLGIG-USB, which offers free updates via USB thumb drive. Some Lockpick owners said that Lockpick does not offer a trade-in or discount to current owners if they want to upgrade.

Someone else asked about the price of the NAV-TV ALLGIG. About 3 weeks ago I was quoted a price of $289, although that might change if someone would organize a group buy.

Quick Reply: Mygig Lockpick or Navtv?