4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should you Overpay to get the last RAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw, I just did a quick search, and between the 5 dealers in my area (25 mi), all of which avoided closing, there are 521 Rams to choose from.

And when I did a search for San Antonio there are 1174 Rams between 6 dealerships. That, btw, is why I bought in San Antonio. They had more to choose from and had better deals. Check out these numbers:

Mission CDJ - 275
Ancira CDJ - 243
Boerne CDJ - 229

Btw, Boerne's population is just about 8,000 and it sits about 20 miles out of San Antonio, but I bought my truck there b/c they had the best deal.

Anyways, my point was, that at least down here, there are still LOTS of trucks to choose from so I'd expect that there are still some amazing deals being made.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

Of the dealers around here, 90% of their sales are employee price purchases even if Chrysler is not offering it to the public. I can't imagine all the hassles you all have gone through on purchasing your trucks.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
DavidNM
Rookie

[QUOTE=I can't imagine all the hassles you all have gone through on purchasing your trucks.[/QUOTE]

Quite Simple - when the dealer realizes they have a seriously interested buyer who might be able to get financing - they morph back into the personification of being a Land Shark.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 PM
jram99
Veteran

DavidNM, I hear what your saying about personalities, lord knows I have been screwed myself many times for different reasons, and my parents are exactly the type you're talking about. Nobody's personality though should stop them from at least researching the subject. Sobomaster says "My job as a buyer is to get the best deal possible" and I agree 100%, however, that is the dealers job too. And to answer your question on what if it was a family member? And I mean this from the heart- Shame on them if they go out and get screwed, but it was their choice to let it happen. Jeff.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Parisv

I got $10,000 of sticker yesterday. Hayes Dodge in Gainesville (and Lawrenceville) GA. They have several advertised with this discount. Good luck.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

I would think now would be the time to get a great price on a Dodge truck. Just go to one of the 798 Dodge dealers that had the rug pulled out from under them, and tell them you want to buy a truck. Betcha you get a great deal. Some of these dealers have already laid off most of their sales staff, and a good portion of their parts and service staff. A lot of new trucks are going to be wholesaled to other dealers, and I would think someone could snag one of those trucks really cheap.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

Your right. I just read an article about them. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/These-...&asset=&ccode=

Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
I would think now would be the time to get a great price on a Dodge truck. Just go to one of the 798 Dodge dealers that had the rug pulled out from under them, and tell them you want to buy a truck. Betcha you get a great deal. Some of these dealers have already laid off most of their sales staff, and a good portion of their parts and service staff. A lot of new trucks are going to be wholesaled to other dealers, and I would think someone could snag one of those trucks really cheap.

I am not so sure all of these deals will be as good as you think. If Chrysler will not be paying these dealers who they are closing (789, not 798 by the way), then the rebates and the holdback they normally have to offer those discounts will likely not be coming. Chrysler has already publicly stated they will not be paying incentives to those dealers even before they announced the list of the dealers, so I think those soon to be out of business dealers will find it an easier sale to take the wholesale prices from other dealers instead of dealing with customers and not having the incentives. Some of the dealers who were spared have been told they should expect to be asked to buy inventory from the closing dealers and the fact that some dealers inventories are going down daily (at least the ones who are good at what they do) should entice them to purchase that stock (at least popular models like the vans, Rams and Chargers). The leftover 2008 models might be able to be picked up for a song though, and 2009's that are hard sellers since they were pigs when they rolled off the line (I will withhold the urge to mention the models by name to avoid offending those who own them)

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

Originally Posted by Shumdit
The leftover 2008 models might be able to be picked up for a song though, and 2009's that are hard sellers since they were pigs when they rolled off the line (I will withhold the urge to mention the models by name to avoid offending those who own them)
You mean Dakotas

Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiRAMV8
You mean Dakotas
LOL, I am not going to name names...
I would take a brand new 2008 Dakota for a parts runner vehicle at the right price though!!

Quick Reply: Should you Overpay to get the last RAM