4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parkview camera?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting tired of this backordered s**t with dodge and their cams, for the 5th time now it is pushed back until the 26th (won't hold my breath). Have (2) on order, maybe sell one on ebay. Supposedly the truck plant is starting back up this week, maybe that's were all the cams are.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
ran jr
Veteran

I ordered my camera, control unit, and links last Friday and they came in today. I'm not sure why the rest of you are having issues but I'd be questioning it with your parts advisor. Maybe I overpaid and they bumped me to the top.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Venomuss

Ordered mine June 1st. They say it shows to be delivered on June 30th........

Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional
Default Back Up Camera Info

I thought I would tell some info regarding the camera system. When I received my camera back in Jan. the new tailgate handle had the lock system on it. However since my truck didn't allready have a locking tailgate I had to order the two missing parts to allow the dealer to hook it up. The two parts is the control unit #68044867-ab, and 2 links #68049240-aa. Since the install I had my dealer do some warranty work & they updated the system, when you put your truck in reverse, sometime instead of going back to radio, nav screen it now goes to nav. main menu. The next time I go in the dealer will look to see if this can be fixed.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

I ordered mine in mid May and am still waiting... Then again, I bought my truck and extended warranty in Dec and only just got my Garmin last Wed... With my track record my camera should be in around January...

Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM
stormfront

Ordered my camera on June 12th and the dealer called and said it would be in by July 7th, I hope he is right!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
hawk570
Rookie

I didn't even try ordering it. I went and got the mygig and a small CCD camera from ebay. Installed it all in a few hours and it came out perfect! I even placed the camera in the door handle. It's awesome.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by hawk570
I didn't even try ordering it. I went and got the mygig and a small CCD camera from ebay. Installed it all in a few hours and it came out perfect! I even placed the camera in the door handle. It's awesome.
There ya go a man with some sense, why pay those high dealer costs and BS installation prices. WTG You are my hero of the week. Seriously I can't believe it took someone this long to realize and improvise.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
hawk570
Rookie

Originally Posted by 72combo
There ya go a man with some sense, why pay those high dealer costs and BS installation prices. WTG You are my hero of the week. Seriously I can't believe it took someone this long to realize and improvise.
Thanks! This really is not hard to do yourself. Why wait till the dealer finally gets them in and then pay them a few hours of labor for the install. Not only this, but I am sure that some of the CCD cameras being sold on ebay are better than the OEM cameras. Another benefit of doing it this way is that with the mygig you also get to play your DVD while car is out of park and also let's you use your navigation as well.
I will try to post some pictures and details on the install later today.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
jvcougar
Amateur

Originally Posted by hawk570
I did the same thing with the Mygig Lockpick from CoastalETech.com. Have a camera up front and one at the back. Can toggle between the two even while in motion. When I slow down under 8 mph, the front comes on automatically. This function can be turned off as it gets annoying sometimes. The camera from them was pretty high quality too (I used a poor quality license plate camera at the back-don't recommend this.)

Quick Reply: Parkview camera?