4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGIG Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
buckarcher
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically when you talk about the REN, you mean music that you downloaded on to the hd? I got the U-connect tunes when I ordered my truck so I would have the big screen. Just havn't had time to put any music on it.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by buckarcher
So basically when you talk about the REN, you mean music that you downloaded on to the hd?
No. REN is a MyGIG without nav. RER is a MyGIG with nav. Either one can store music on the MyGIG HDD.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:06 PM
72combo
Champion

I don't understand why you would downgrade from the Alpine? I will take it and the whole system off your hands if you don't like it.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by TedEbear
No. REN is a MyGIG without nav. RER is a MyGIG with nav. Either one can store music on the MyGIG HDD.
OK, I have the REN. Do I need anything else or am I good?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by buckarcher
OK, I have the REN. Do I need anything else or am I good?
The U-Connect doesn't have anything to do with the ability to store music files on your MyGIG HDD, if that's what you're asking. You can either rip a music CD directly to the MyGIG or transfer music to it via a USB thumb drive. I've found the thumb drive to be a lot faster.

I use iTunes to maintain my music library on my PC HDD, where I have a mirror image of all music on MyGIG. It makes things much easier to edit, rename, etc., for me.

You might want to browse this Chrysler interactive video on How MyGIG Works for more info. There is also an Unofficial MyGIG Information Site that has lots of information and you can d/l updated Gracenotes and application software. Be sure and get the version for the REN and not the RER - they are not compatible.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:21 PM
72combo
Champion

Does anyone know if the RER can be used without the Nav hooked up. Will everything else work? I realize a GPS antenna is required. I have the siriius sat hookup. Oh I have the RES w/sat...somebody told me I cannot upgrade to the RER or the REN but I am hearing about you guys upgrading.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by c0mf0rt
Great upgrade huh? I love mine. I haven't messed with the camera though. Just a tip, I don't know how old yours might be but upgrading the software is a good idea for performance of the radio.
Did you upgrade from the plain RES w/sat? Did you have to make a trip to the dealer to get the unconnect bluetooth part working? Any chance you still have the part number?

Quick Reply: MyGIG Question