4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Want to Change my SLT Bumper/Exhuast to Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009 | 08:47 PM
Mattones
|
Professional
Default Want to Change my SLT Bumper/Exhuast to Laramie

Hey I have a SLT Quad Cab and am really loving the look of the Laramie duel exhaust and the back bumper.So which made me wonder if its possible for me to buy the Laramie bumper and buy the exhuast.

Old 05-26-2009 | 08:56 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional

I've been thinking about doing the same on my SLT, I sure do love the look of that dual exhaust! I wonder how much that bumper runs?

Old 05-26-2009 | 08:59 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Go for it!

Last edited by bountyhunter; 05-26-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2009 | 09:09 PM
Mattones
|
Professional

i just e-mailed my dealer asking them how much it would cost and if they could do it.

Im sure i can add the bumper myself with no hassle but the Exhuast is not in my books plus figure it would riun my exhuast warranty

Old 05-26-2009 | 09:40 PM
BigRaq

I would call and speak to Chysler Financial (the ones behind the warranty) and verify what would void your warranty. My friend called and they said dealer installed mopar parts would not void warranty even though my dealer said the opposite. Most answers are just a phone call away!

Old 05-26-2009 | 11:32 PM
72combo
Champion

I did a lot of changes to a Neon a few years back and they said that as long as whatever you do it cannot be the cause for whatever problem you are in for trying to get warranty coverage

Old 05-27-2009 | 09:32 AM
finc.jb
Professional

Jeez what a surprise a pic of BH's truck

Old 05-27-2009 | 10:35 AM
j-rod82
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mattones
Hey I have a SLT Quad Cab and am really loving the look of the Laramie duel exhaust and the back bumper.So which made me wonder if its possible for me to buy the Laramie bumper and buy the exhuast.

Remember the Laramie bumper also has the backup sensors in it which will make it more expensive. You can get the same bumper with the exhaust notches that they put on the SLT BigHorn without the backup sensors.

So I'm saying make sure the dealer orders the correct bumper for you.

Old 05-27-2009 | 10:39 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by j-rod82
Remember the Laramie bumper also has the backup sensors in it which will make it more expensive. You can get the same bumper with the exhaust notches that they put on the SLT BigHorn without the backup sensors.

So I'm saying make sure the dealer orders the correct bumper for you.
Thats a good point

Old 05-27-2009 | 02:19 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

If you change out the muffler, I doubt you will reinstall a quiet Mopar muffler. In doing so you'll change out the tailpipes so it would be cheaper to go the aftermarket route then the factory way; plus you'll have more options of mufflers and exhaust tips and pipe material. (Try to find a Corsa setup on eBay - they don't make them for this truck yet, but the prior generation muffler will work just fine. The only time you really hear it is at idle and when you nail the gas, you won't even hear it at cruise).

If your VIN doesn't include the notched bumper or the dual outlet exhaust, it won't be covered, factory parts or not - your vehicle wasn't built that way. You can change it, but it won't be covered. Besides after the 3/36 period, body parts are only eligible for the rust-through warranty and the exhaust components other than the cats are not included. So your really not missing much warranty-wise.

Quick Reply: Want to Change my SLT Bumper/Exhuast to Laramie