4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

aftermarket bug shield installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010 | 11:53 AM
72combo
Champion

I like the body colour matched factory one like on the Silver truck. Clean and neat, I had or might have 2 or 3 from the old style durango dakota the 3 piece ones would be like new out in the garage somewhere I sold one I know for sure, my son was talking about one for his friend..anyway my point is I hated those and the dealer put them on and wanted 299 for them I told them take it off and put a new grill cuz when i looked at the truck it didnt have that or the bed protector. They wanted more money. I said take them off they were not there and I am not paying for them, so I left they called later that day said my truck is ready, went there and they were still on but not on the bill. Dumbasses that was on my 98 Dakota club. Then 2 years later I traded for a Dakota Quad 4x4...0 percent and great deal was the only way I could afford it. I paid more for that truck that i did my new Ram that has more options and a HEMI. Just another engine.

Old 03-07-2010 | 12:14 AM
deke6520
Veteran

Here are a couple of pics of the Stampede bug deflector and side deflectors.
I was going to with the chrome ones but thought it might be too much chrome on the truck.

Last edited by deke6520; 03-07-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2010 | 07:31 PM
JC2011

Deke,

Is that deflector black or more smoke/grey? It looks awesome in the pics. I have a black 2011 Laramie on order (should be here in 1-2 weeks) and I am lining up some accessories. The chrome deflector is too much for me, especially on a black truck. I like the look of the one you have better than the Mopar one. The only advantage the Mopar one might have is that it is colour matched. If the Stampede one you have is black, I'll just go to Raven Truck Accessories here in Calgary and get my own.

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2010 | 01:32 PM
deke6520
Veteran

Originally Posted by JC2011
Deke,

Is that deflector black or more smoke/grey? It looks awesome in the pics. I have a black 2011 Laramie on order (should be here in 1-2 weeks) and I am lining up some accessories. The chrome deflector is too much for me, especially on a black truck. I like the look of the one you have better than the Mopar one. The only advantage the Mopar one might have is that it is colour matched. If the Stampede one you have is black, I'll just go to Raven Truck Accessories here in Calgary and get my own.

Thanks.
It is a dark smoke colour. With the black on the truck they look black. They were the best ones I could find at the time. I do like these over the Mopar ones.
Congrats on the new truck!

Old 12-30-2010 | 03:15 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Hey, I like that Stampede bugshield design! Thanks for posting the pics. I had the chrome shield by Stampede on my '05, thinking I may go that route again.

Old 12-30-2010 | 03:25 PM
rrdstarr
Rookie

I have the exact same version of that and itnis made buy "AutoVentShade". It was $69 installed by a truck place locally who also put my drop in bedliner in. 90% of my vehicles have had bug "Whackers" on them and they work like a champ at keeping bugs of the windshield and chips off the front of the hood. The only one I haven't done it to recently is our 2009 Mitsu Outlander. But where i have lived for the last 6 years is not very buggy in spring or summer. Going to MT or eastern WA is bug central!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2010 | 09:36 PM
Oleksakjr

Originally Posted by rrdstarr
going to mt or eastern wa is bug central!!!!!!
yes sir it is!

Old 12-31-2010 | 04:14 PM
JC2011

Originally Posted by deke6520
It is a dark smoke colour. With the black on the truck they look black. They were the best ones I could find at the time. I do like these over the Mopar ones.
Congrats on the new truck!
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it a lot. It is going to be awesome! These things have so many toys I may need a week-long course just to get up to speed on everything it has.

Quick Reply: aftermarket bug shield installed