4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new truck got rear ended!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The day I brought my 97 F-150 home from make ready I got rear ended by an illegal on the interstate when traffic came to a sudden stop. I turned around an the idiot was passing me trying to get away. I jammed on my horn and he finally came around the front of me and pulled over and stopped. He broke out with some Spanish as I got over on my back and looked under my truck to see what kind of damage it did. As I laid on my back I noticed his feet weren't there anymore and jumped up to see him speeding away. I jumped back in the truck and zoomed into the Houston rush hour traffic figuring I sat higher than he did in his little Vega station wagon and could spot him if he took any exit. Finally about 5 miles up the road I spotted him and got his plate number then pulled beside him and he kinda slowed down and looked all scared. I was ticked and tempted to run his butt off the road but kinda thought about it and figured it wasn't worth getting shot or stabbed over so I took the nearest exit and pulled into the nearest gas station. As I got out some off duty cop walked up and complemented me on my truck and i told him the story and he radioed ahead to get the guy pulled over and let the cops take care of it. After my excitement calmed down and the police were called I decided to go ahead and get back under the truck and see what kind of damage he did. Luckily he didn't really do any damage but bend the little bracket that held my trailer connection plug which could be bent back with a pair of channel locks. I get back in the truck and was going to go ahead and stop by the police dept and file charges but figured sine he didn't really do any damage and I didn't really want any accidents on my record (regardless of who's fault) I said the hell with it and went on to the house. I don't know whatever happened to the other guy as I never did follow up on it but I'd still be willing to bet he got pulled over and probably thrown in jail for not having a license or insurance or something anyway.

Last edited by Hdcowboy; 06-26-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

yea I think I would try and get the bumper for duals now if it were me even if i had to fork out a couple bucks for the difference

Old 06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Trendkill

I can relate, gents.

I was sitting in line at a local car wash the other day when little miss clueless in front of me proceeds to back right into my front bumper. My SLT is less than 2 months off the lot. *sigh*

The damage isn't all that obvious, but still kinda pricey. Gonna need a new front bumper, and a new fog light. That's IF there isn't any kind of damage beneath the surface. I swear, stupid people will go out of their way to find you if you buy a new truck!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:33 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trendkill
I can relate, gents.

I was sitting in line at a local car wash the other day when little miss clueless in front of me proceeds to back right into my front bumper. My SLT is less than 2 months off the lot. *sigh*

The damage isn't all that obvious, but still kinda pricey. Gonna need a new front bumper, and a new fog light. That's IF there isn't any kind of damage beneath the surface. I swear, stupid people will go out of their way to find you if you buy a new truck!
Is her insurance paying for it?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Trendkill

Originally Posted by sarguy01
Is her insurance paying for it?
Yup. Blatantly her fault. She really has no way of dodging it (pun intended ).

Getting it repaired on the 7th. Truthfully, if you didn't KNOW it was there, you wouldn't be able to see it at a glance, but I've been pretty meticulous about keeping it immaculate, and I gotta get it right again.

Quick Reply: new truck got rear ended!