4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mygig upgrade & Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009 | 08:21 AM
depunz
|
Professional
Question Mygig upgrade & Sirius Question

For those of you who upgraded to Mygig, did you transfer your Sirius subscription? And if so how?
Thanks Sean

Old 06-23-2009 | 01:06 PM
JRam08
Rookie

bump for interest

Old 06-23-2009 | 02:43 PM
devile
Professional

The question would be, does the Sirius radio ID go with the indash unit, or the sirius module in the truck? So when you switch the radio, does the Sirius ID change?

Old 06-23-2009 | 03:34 PM
depunz
|
Professional
Default Guess I'll find out.

I guess I'll figure it out in about a week. I just picked up an REN off Ebay for $290. When I get it I'll hook it up and find out. I may even call Sirius tonite.

Old 06-23-2009 | 05:48 PM
mrbrown
Amateur

I've been watching ebay for a couple of months now and I never see these $290 or $300 dollar deals. All the high speed ren's that I've watched have gone for at least $400. I must be doing something wrong. Keep us posted on what sirius says. I'm going to eventually find me one for $300 Maybe?

Old 06-23-2009 | 06:58 PM
72combo
Champion

Make sure you are watching the buss speed. I know my 09 Ram Sport is a high speed, it won't hurt your truck the other way it just wont work they say, If you sat now or an antenna the satellite is built into the radio if you have a yellow round plug on the back you have sat as far as I know I would just put the radio in maybe the subscription on it may not have lapsed if it did go to the dealer I believe they can get Sirius to fix you up.
By the way I noticed Mr. Brown mention buss speed already....that is just it they are all gone, gobbled up by people doing what you want to do, I missed out on a RER unit full nav sat still working alll the bells and whistles, it was ending at 10 at night so I had the computer up in front of me while watching TV. It was at 280 or so in the auction so far so I figured I would throw out 400 at the end I didn't want to bid at tip anyone off that someone else is interesed. Well I forgot because watching some movie, It went for 283 on a bit that was put in a week before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man all I would have had to do is wait till the last minute get my 400 dollar bid in would weed out the ones that go up a few dollars at a time....man was I pissed. So good luck finding anything in HS for cheap. Still cheaper than dealer.........no warranty.

Old 06-23-2009 | 07:21 PM
lross78550
Professional

In answer to the original question, yes i did transfer my subscription from my old truck to my (not factory installed) RER head unit. I couldnt find the receiver ID # either, i was shocked however to find that the guy as sirius ask what year, model car i had then ask what model number radio (RER) after that he was able to tell me exactly what buttons to push to pull up the receiver ID#. I would tell you but i was driving at the time and i really didnt pay much attention, i just pushed the buttons and about 3 mins later i was done.
hope this helps
Lee

Old 06-23-2009 | 09:55 PM
depunz
|
Professional
Default Sweet.

Thanks Lee. I'll probably wait 'til I have it installed and see if it comes up. Then I'll call Sirius. Also for those of you looking, there are still some high speed ones to be had. Normally they'll list the car it came from or part number and you can look it up. This link was in a different thread:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/Mygig_parts.htm
It has all the part numbers and what cars they fit. It really helped out. I almost let this one go 'cause there was another one for $299 Buy it Now, but I checked and it was a low speed unit. Hope this helps. Keep looking, the deals are out there.

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:47 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran

My REN that I bought actually came out of an 09 sold the same month as mine so the guy from sirius just switched my name to it and didn't actually switch anything else.

Old 06-23-2009 | 11:10 PM
hemistyle
Professional

I bought a 5064400AJ off ebay. It came from a 09 1500 ram. It was plug & play. No Dealer scan needed. The Sirius Still works, But for how long???
When it stops i'll call them up and have them switch the number over. I got my Ram back in March. I want my free year.
lol...

Quick Reply: Mygig upgrade & Sirius Question