4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

For those who's key fob stops working....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:21 PM
JohnVI
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see this as well, works - doesn't work.. i have remote start as well, tried the remote start then the door unlock and seemed to work the first time. Not a consistent fix.

So has the Chrysler posted a TSB on this yet? Anyone made any progress with a dealership?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 AM
qicvick
Professional

Update:
took mine to dealer yesterday and it kinda messed up there, not as bad as it has with me ( this morning it would not unlock the doos....peroid!) it was taking about 5 trys at dealer to unlock, I had my wifes keys with me and hers was working first time every time, they ordered me a new remote, said it would be in today....fingers still crossed!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
72combo
Champion

We had something new to us happen this morning. My wife hit the auto start, it fired up because well face it you hear these start up a house or 2 away. So it starts runs about a minute and shuts down. Door locks worked fined but it would not restart with the keyfob button. I don't know if willl do the same when she gets out from work. I hope it was just a freak thing. I hate going to the dealer.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 PM
72combo
Champion

My wife came home, this what happened when she got it the truck and started it with the keyfob in the dash, and the gas light came on, so the truck shuts itself down when low on gas or if the battery or alternator is weak...this is something I was told. She put gas in and problem solved.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 AM
RTCarlin
Rookie

Regarding unlocking the truck with the actual key while it has been locked with the remote. I tried it yesterday and the key unlocked it just fine without setting off the alarm....

Sooooo... guess this doesn't help with figuring out why the fob stops working randomly.... but it answered my question earlier on whether or not the alarm would sound when using the key......

Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 72combo
My wife came home, this what happened when she got it the truck and started it with the keyfob in the dash, and the gas light came on, so the truck shuts itself down when low on gas or if the battery or alternator is weak...this is something I was told. She put gas in and problem solved.
Yes sir... if the truck's low fuel light is on, then the auto start shuts back off again.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Jack772
Rookie

My fob wasn't working all the time either.
I stopped by the dealer. They stuck new battery in it now it works all the time.
Jack

Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM
qicvick
Professional

Originally Posted by RTCarlin
Regarding unlocking the truck with the actual key while it has been locked with the remote. I tried it yesterday and the key unlocked it just fine without setting off the alarm....

Sooooo... guess this doesn't help with figuring out why the fob stops working randomly.... but it answered my question earlier on whether or not the alarm would sound when using the key......
Mine does too but it is when you open the door that the alarm went off!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
qicvick
Professional

I took mine in yesterday and they gave me a new remote, I can't belive the difference! first time very time, mine has never worked right even when new last Jan. you would have to hit it a couple or three times to get it to work sometimes, Last week I realized my wifes worked perfect making me wonder if it was not the truck but my remote, no charge by the way

Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
jaabshire714

Tonight the key fob on my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 would not work. So my first thought is that the battery on the fob is out. I went and got a new battery and it still does not work. The weird thing is that when I press the panic button on the key fob the hazard lights flash twice. Any suggestions PLEASE.

I have a simple three button fob lock unlock and panic.

Quick Reply: For those who's key fob stops working....