4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Start & AC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM
buckarcher
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Valdes
Update 3: It's official. The AC does work without the AC indicator lights on. I remote started it, and waited 5 minutes. Cool as a cucumber in the cab. No indicator lights on though. I feel so much better now. It WORKS. Confused but happy. I will contact both dealers now and let them know how THEIR truck operates.

mine is the same, never noticed lights were not on because it was cold and when I turn the key to run the lights come on. But I checked today and it works just like yours.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
RBRK
Rookie

Even on the Laramie's with the ATC it doesn't show a/c but it does work, it also turns the seat cooler on if necessary.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by cpelton
yup, mine works the same. When its cold it automatically cranks the heat on defrost.
You are saying your AC runs without the indicator lights on? I thought I just had a "one in a million" situation. I did find out that once the key is inserted and turned to on so you can get it out of park, the lights come back on just like they were when I got out. But the compressor is running and cooling without any indication on the dash panel. Thats why I thought is was not running before. The lights were off.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
John 09

One thing I noticed on the Truck is that you cannot max the A/C without having the recirculate feature on, which I believe is one of the lights on the controls. I wonder what happens when you remote start with the A/C with the control maxed out.

I also wonder if it's got something to do with the internal temp of the vehicle when you start it. I believe if you want to apply heat or air to the defroster in the dead of summer or winter it won't let you max or recirculate either with window vent settings until the internal temp balances out to prevent the glass from cracking. This was a feature on my 06 and I assume it exists on the 09. Guessing you are in Florida and when you remote start have the A/C set to one of the defrost/window vent settings. Try moving the dial to the floor vents only and see if you A/C comes on.

I believe the comfort setting is only for the ventilated seats and steering wheel, so you should not need that option for general heat or A/C.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:44 PM
72combo
Champion

John 09 wins the prize, whens its cold the defroster comes on hot...not sure if the mirrors or the rear window comes on but our defroster came on as does the air you have to turn it on after you put the key fob in.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by 72combo
John 09 wins the prize, whens its cold the defroster comes on hot...not sure if the mirrors or the rear window comes on but our defroster came on as does the air you have to turn it on after you put the key fob in.
And when it's hot the AC comes on and no indicator lights come until the key is inserted and turned to on. (It has to be turned on to get it out of park) But you may have a point. I notice once I put the key (FOB) in, the fan position sounds like it has been changed. I do not have automatic climate control.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:38 PM
72combo
Champion

After you put the key fob in it's like the truck is back in your control you have to turn the air on, set the setting where you want them. We are getting bored aren't we?LOL I am gonna read my manual I think so I am not asking questions where I have the answer already.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
sanman357

Today I noticed that my compressor comes on without the A/C on. It was blowing cold air with the dial set three cold bars up from max cold and no A/C on. After I insert the fob the temp raises to non A/C levels. Oh and the vent was set to face and floor. Not defrost.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

ATC and all good. I can't imagine life without it here since it's been over 100 each day for like the last month.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:03 AM
AFF
Rookie

Sorry to highjack (kinda) but when I use remote start the fan is blowing when I get in even though I have the atc turned off. The fan should not run since everything should be off. Why does it run and how do I shut that off?

Quick Reply: Remote Start & AC